Wonderful Rose Parade Float!

Working 2 Cruise

Beautiful photos!

Unfortunately, we were seated behind palm trees and a light pole so my photos are less than ideal. Still, it was so much fun to be there.

I've spent many a New Year's Eve sleeping (sort of) on the parade route! One year, we bought bleacher seats. They turned out to be between two tall buildings and we could only see what was right in front of us, for about 3 seconds! One day I will sit below Bob and Stephanie! Bucket List item!

Hello,

That's terrible about not being able to get the channels. Our satellite did a self-check at the beginning of the game. All of a sudden everything stopped... and the reset began. Grrr. It's a good job it wasn't the 4th quarter. The Rose Bowl ended being one sided and may Floridians weren't happy. The Sugar Bowl with Ohio State and Alabama was a nail biter down to the end. :D

We watched the parade on our NBC affiliate, although, I had Hubby check it on HGTV and it wasn't listed on the Guide. We should have checked, anyway. We even tried to find it on the 3-D channel but it wasn't there, either, so we had Al Roker and Hoda? as our commentators.

I was so surprised, but happy, to see the Princess float. I missed most of the floral details, though, because I was engaged in watching the Love Boat crew. LOL. I'll have to catch it in pictures. Dave did send us a splendid one, though. Thanks, again.

So, for me, I've started to save my pennies and change, literally, towards the payments for our Regal Jan. 2016 cruise. Every cent counts!!! LOL.

Lynne

In the past I channel-surfed for the best commentators because I now live in Michigan. The Hallmark Channel has Bob Eubanks and Stephanie Edwards. My absolute favorites!

Thanks Juliefan, I'll make a mental note of that. I had already told DH that next year I was going to scroll through ALL the channels to look for one without commercials. We had run out for a big evening and at the last minute set the DVR for the two prime channels showing it here. At least I did that or would not have seen it at all, for the first time in forever we did not get home until 3:00am - lol.

For the rest of you locals, yes I'm envious. How many of you remember the year that KTLA tried to replace Stephanie Edwards with a "younger" woman? I felt so bad for her out in the rain - but she was a trooper and at least public opinion won out and the next year she was back in the booth.

Tammy

Being a little old lady from Pasadena the Rose Parade is near and dear to my heart! I now live in Michigan and learned a few years ago that Bob and Stephanie cover the parade, commercial-free, on the Hallmark Channel. And they are the same as always! I used to watch HGN because, I, too enjoyed hearing about each seed and flower. Then I found my Bob and Stephanie!

While the Princess float was going by on your TV' date=' it was about 45 degrees there in Pasadena (about 34 degrees where I live, about 20 miles away).[/quote']

Monday it was 7. Right now it's 13. Friday's low is supposed to be 6. I love it!!! Being from California I definitely enjoy the season changes here in Northwest Lower Michigan.

I heard them mention on tv that it was cold there. But watching that stealth bomber fly by made a lot of people warm, I'm sure!

I've spent many a New Year's Eve sleeping (sort of) on the parade route! One year, we bought bleacher seats. They turned out to be between two tall buildings and we could only see what was right in front of us, for about 3 seconds! One day I will sit below Bob and Stephanie! Bucket List item!

Me too. Next time (whenever that may be) :(