CNN New Year's Eve live on Quantum

I attempted to watch it but I wanted to throw the tv off the wall after five minutes of Kathy Griffin :eek::rolleyes:

haha i still don't understand how he puts up with her year after year. Just saw the correspondent on quantum at the Northstar bar. Pretty cool. NYs party on cruises are wild, I was on Norwegian Star for 2009 New Year's on the pool deck, crazy party.

I attempted to watch it but I wanted to throw the tv off the wall after five minutes of Kathy Griffin :eek::rolleyes:

My spouse and I had that reaction the first year she was on with him, but she really grows on you. Now we think they are hysterical together. (But we get that she's not for everyone.)

Happy New Year!

They had a North Star "ball drop" at midnight (shown a bit later on CNN). Looks like they were having quite a party on the pool deck! :)

NorthStar_zps56807128.jpg

(TV screen photo by turtles06)

i'll be honest, from what the TV has shown doesn't seem to be as cool of a party as New Year's on Norwegian Star.

i'll be honest, from what the TV has shown doesn't seem to be as cool of a party as New Year's on Norwegian Star.

I have to agree with you on that. Maybe CNN didn't do it justice, but it felt like watching North Star run any other night. I would have loved to see what they did in Two70º, seems like that could have been more special with the balloon drop and the Vistaramas. Even if they just did the back deck vistarama and started the fireworks at midnight it would have been cooler. Virtually drop a ball with the roboscreens in front of it all, lol!

• 8 months later...

Did the Quantum of the Seas New Years eve sailing have 3 formal nights? Did everyone get dressed up for New Years Eve. Was the celebration only when the ball comes down? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.