2015 A New Year of ???

DDBINK1

I was wondering what all of the interested parties on here would like to see in the New Year for Cunard Cruise Line?

Would you like to see changes in the ships themselves?

Changes in Dining options?

Changes in Levels for the World Club?

Addition of certain ports?

Would you like a new build and what type?

What about service changes, is there anything there that could be made better?

What works in a way that is unique to Cunard that you don't want changed?

I have many thoughts on this subject but I wanted to see if I was in a group think or just off on my own.

I think the dress code (with more formal nights than any other cruise line I am familiar with) is something that makes Cunard unique and would not like for it to change. Same with the afternoon tea.

I would love to see a new build and more cruises to North and South America.

I think the dress code (with more formal nights than any other cruise line I am familiar with) is something that makes Cunard unique and would not like for it to change. Same with the afternoon tea.

I would love to see a new build and more cruises to North and South America.

I am in agreement with your comments. To take away the formal nights would take away what is special about Cunard. Maybe some new ports would be nice.

Maybe some new ports would be nice.

New, interesting ports are the smaller ones that Cunard can't enter. We have visited many small ports aboard the smaller ships: Saga Saphire, P&O Adonia etc.

Cunard need a smaller ship with higher prices and more improved service than the now meaningless White Star Service which is now just an advertising slogan.

I believe it would be a success. What we don't need is another Queen.......

David.

A new, smaller ship and more South America, Pacific Rim and South Pacific ports. Keep the dress code with formal nights, maintain the live music and speakers program. Include the gratuities in the fares. Replace the seating in Illuminations and improve the art on the walls of QM2. Rework King's Court. Provide table service in the Lido, as was done on QE2.

My feeling about Cunard over the last year is that it has settled into something I like. While there is always space for cosmetic changes and accepting there will always be individual incidents that hack folk off from time to time, I feel they are finally talking to me again through the itineraries, fare structures and advertising.

I believe my geographical position i.e. living in the UK helps regards destination choice and the fare structure is now settled into a model I understand to a sufficient extent.

Regards the often heard complaint of extra charges for this and that, not like the old days, I understand that is now the commercial operating model and budget accordingly.

I speak as a seasoned Cunard traveller, I don't know what a newcomer would think about the White Star Service hype, I only hope in general they are not disappointed. To that end I find the crew in general are charming, engaging and willing to help which is all I require.

To answer the question directly, I don't wish any drastic changes for 2015.

M-AR

I think the new build of a smaller ship would be great.

But being a person that does not fly, I want a few seasonal trips or otherwise, heading for the Caribbean from US ports. Not just a Christmas trip. I can't get away from work at that time.

My wish list even though we're more likely to see Titanic II and QE2 do a tandem crossing:rolleyes::

* Formal nights on all sea days except embarkation/disembarkation night

* Return of six day TAs

* QM2's whistle steam line returned to service (Yeah, that has a real impact on passenger service. But it looks so retro and nostolgic.)

* Port call in Belfast

* Transatlantic liner Aquitania 2

Frankly, what I would liked to see is QM2 going into dry dock as previously scheduled, but that is not going to happen. Carnival Cruise Line expanded the scheduled dry dock by one year, and not without consequence.

Secondly, I would like some assurance that crew members are adequately compensated for their hard work - the removable 'hotel and dining charge' is ambitious at best. The best crew will not sail for low wages, and why should they?

I would also hope for increased passenger security - crew members should not be given access to passengers cabins 24/7.

Every cruise line says "passenger safety is our highest priority". That being the case, the focus needs to be adjusted from profits to safety and from food and entertainment to safety. Not a sexy thought, but safety first should be a common concern.

Just a thought: that we've become acclimated to ships losing power at sea bears examination. A fifteen minute loss of power in calm waters is one thing, but in a storm, it could be catastrophic. What food is served is of less concern to me than why the ship lost power, and what needs to be done to assure it won't happen again.

Food, service and dress code issues are secondary to maintenance of the ship and security on board, in my opinion. -S.

Edited by Salacia

Frankly, what I would liked to see is QM2 going into dry dock as previously scheduled, but that is not going to happen. Carnival Cruise Line expanded the scheduled dry dock by one year, and not without consequence.

Secondly, I would like some assurance that crew members are adequately compensated for their hard work - the removable 'hotel and dining charge' is ambitious at best. The best crew will not sail for low wages, and why should they?

I would also hope for increased passenger security - crew members should not be given access to passengers cabins 24/7.

Every cruise line says "passenger safety is our highest priority". That being the case, the focus needs to be adjusted from profits to safety and from food and entertainment to safety. Not a sexy thought, but safety first should be a common concern.

Just a thought: that we've become acclimated to ships losing power at sea bears examination. A fifteen minute loss of power in calm waters is one thing, but in a storm, it could be catastrophic. What food is served is of less concern to me than why the ship lost power, and what needs to be done to assure it won't happen again.

Food, service and dress code issues are secondary to maintenance of the ship and security on board, in my opinion. -S.

Agree totally. Why isn't there a like button?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A few short cruises from Liverpool to Ireland would be good. We have just had 4 nights on Fred Olsen's Boudicca to Cobh, Dublin and Belfast, and that would be a great itinerary on Queen Victoria or Queen Elizabeth. Alternatively, Iceland or Norway from Liverpool please.