"To be assigned" is killing me!

junglecat

We've cruised many times but never a guaranteed room. But we went from early saver interior to a balcony and got $108 back during a sale but . . . . its a guaranteed room. This not knowing (we are 37 days out) is making me a crazy woman. I think I check 3 or 4 times a day. Lol. Any rhyme or reason as to what day a week they assign rooms? I know it can be now or the day we board before we find out. Just trying to figure it all out.

We've cruised many times but never a guaranteed room. But we went from early saver interior to a balcony and got $108 back during a sale but . . . . its a guaranteed room. This not knowing (we are 37 days out) is making me a crazy woman. I think I check 3 or 4 times a day. Lol. Any rhyme or reason as to what day a week they assign rooms? I know it can be now or the day we board before we find out. Just trying to figure it all out.

I feel the same way! There is no specific rhyme as I have had TBA rooms assigned everyday of the week.

LOVE YOUR POST!!! I literally had this conversation yesterday morning with the person I am cruising with. She said I was crazy and need to calm my OCD/planning nerves. Late yesterday afternoon (third time checking for the day) I got my room assignment. It was 36 days from sailing so hopefully it will be coming soon for you. Everyday I would do mock bookings to see how many rooms were left in my category. Yesterday morning there was over 80 so I was shocked to get my room assignment.

As for the room I am sailing on Fascination room M155. I am very happy with this as I always like a midship on a lower floor. It is somewhat close to a stairwell but usually noise don't bother me.

Hope you get your room soon!! :D

Hrforrest!!!!! I love YOUR post! You called me out on my OCD. I get crazy when it comes to vacation. In fact I got the suitcases out today, the swimsuits, the sunscreen, the sandals, and after reading about this bug bite disease, the bug spray! Hopefully, well know something soon.

We reserved 2 gty rooms for a cruise on the Spendor Jan 11th. One got assigned at 33 days out......but we still don't have an assignment for the second room. We are 10 days out and it is driving me CRAZY!!!! I have called Carnival twice because the hopes of having the rooms somewhat by each other are going down the drain. I just keep getting told there is no guarantee that the rooms will be by each other and that it could be up to the day we cruise until it gets assigned.

My husband is convinced that we haven't gotten our cabin assignment for our 1/19 cruise yet because the IT guys at carnival have a pool going to see how many times a day I check the site...and assigning us a cabin will spoil their fun. I am convinced we haven't heard anything yet because they are going to suprise us with the best suite on the ship ... A girl can dream can't she?

This is our first gty and I feel like it is all part of the adventure!

My husband is convinced that we haven't gotten our cabin assignment for our 1/19 cruise yet because the IT guys at carnival have a pool going to see how many times a day I check the site...and assigning us a cabin will spoil their fun. I am convinced we haven't heard anything yet because they are going to suprise us with the best suite on the ship ... A girl can dream can't she?

This is our first gty and I feel like it is all part of the adventure!

Hmm could be he is right:)

I am SO glad I'm not the only OCD one! We always book fairly far ahead so we can choose the cabins we want and did the same this time. We changed over to guarantee during the Halloween sale I think it was and are 37 days out and still don't have our assignments either. This is a couples only cruise and we have 3 cabins booked and are hoping we will all still be close by one another - I guess we will wait and see. I really don't care what deck I'm on, but I really want to be port side - just another OCD thing I guess and we've always been port side. I'm not sure my legs will take me to the starboard side - LOL.

Good luck to all of you out there on getting your assignments - maybe the "assignment Gods" will smile on all of us!

I am SO glad I'm not the only OCD one! We always book fairly far ahead so we can choose the cabins we want and did the same this time. We changed over to guarantee during the Halloween sale I think it was and are 37 days out and still don't have our assignments either. This is a couples only cruise and we have 3 cabins booked and are hoping we will all still be close by one another - I guess we will wait and see. I really don't care what deck I'm on, but I really want to be port side - just another OCD thing I guess and we've always been port side. I'm not sure my legs will take me to the starboard side - LOL.

Good luck to all of you out there on getting your assignments - maybe the "assignment Gods" will smile on all of us!

From what you have said guarantees not for you

I was making sure this just didn't happen to me. I am with you as long as I am on that ship they can put me in the engine room in a hammock and I will make the best out of it haha.

I have done it 2-3 time and never found out until I have arrived at the pier. As long as I am somewhere on the ship, I will be happy.

No rhyme or reason that I know of but my friends in a GTY inside just got assigned 24 days out.

Another cruiser checking Carnival a few times a day:D Booked a Guar for the first time in many years...Jan 26...on the Fascination...OV....I have told hubs that I would be okay with Riveria deck forward...which is about my last choice...because this is just a quickie getaway and the price was just too cheap to pass up!! I really do wish we would get our cabin number:)

My fave location on the Fantasy class ships is Empress deck midship or aft...keeping my fingers crossed...guessing maybe we will end up on Main deck...we shall see:D

Are you really sure this is the only thing making you a crazy women?

I'm detecting a pre-existing condition here!:eek: ;)

As it's the holidays Dr. Dawg prescribes one or two shots of a good quality Caribbean Rum every four hours until your condition subsides. :):)

My bill's in the mail.:p

I was making sure this just didn't happen to me. I am with you as long as I am on that ship they can put me in the engine room in a hammock and I will make the best out of it haha.

I used to think the same thing! that is until I was talked in to a "night owl" room over the disco on the destiny. The music played until 6AM one morning!!! I almost went up to the lido with a blanket to get some peace and quiet. We're 44 days out and still haven't been assigned and its driving me crazy. I like to have everything planned out well before the trip. The price on the GTY balcony was just too good to pass up.

I keep telling myself:

Deep Breaths............be patient..............its still a cruise..............