Carnival Breeze vs Disney Magic

ctsvcc

Just realized that Jan. doesn't work for us. Does anybody have a guess what the VGT rate would be for the 04/18/15 cruise aboard the Fantasy?

I'm going on the 4/18 sailing the prices have only been climbing. Unfortunately I doubt you'll find any VGT rates.

I'm going on the 4/18 sailing the prices have only been climbing. Unfortunately I doubt you'll find any VGT rates.

Fingers crossed :). All the categories are still available except the Royal Suite. But the prices just keep rising and rising :mad: Here's the price for a Navigator's Verandah on the 4/18 sailing over time :

ScreenShot2015-01-08at93400PM_zpsc06dae8c.png

For that much of a price difference I would pick Carnival. I've never sailed on Carnival, but from the things you have listed I think that Carnival is a better fit right now for your son. The waterslides do look like a LOT of fun on the Breeze! The ports your originally listed are 50% in favor of each itinerary (not a fan of Nassau but loved Antigua, and Cozumel is so-so).

I don't think rotational dining is all that. I LOVE the classic AP restaurants (Magic and Wonder) but not the newer ones. The Animation Magic show is great and I love the updated original show also, but I would be fine with never having to sit through Crush again.

What you are really looking for is for someone to justify that Disney is twice as good as other lines. I've been on Princess, NCL and RCCL and Disney isn't twice as good as any of those lines. I haven't been on the Breeze but it's a newer Carnival ship and I've only heard good things about it. (I wouldn't sail on one of the older Carnival ships, but I like the look of the Breeze.)

Gambee does excellent reviews of ships, and recently sailed on the Breeze which may help in your decision making: http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have made up my mind and I want to book the Breeze. If I get the cruise bug, probably will book the Fantasy for early Oct. (we get 2 days off school because of a teacher's convention and another because of Canadian thanksgiving). Just a few questions :

Cove balcony or regular balcony on Deck 10 (Lido)?

It's $250 more for a regular balcony, and some people love the coves due to the proximity to the water. But I am worried that I will get sprayed...:(

Should I stay on the boat for Nassau?

Safety concerns.

Where would you stay in Miami for two nights?

The flights I'm looking at depart Tuesday and the cruise ends on Sunday. It would be a big plus if it was on Miami beach.

I have been on both ships in the last year. I LOVE the Breeze. Guy's Burgers, the Pub, the comedians, etc. If I had to choose between both, it would be the Breeze hands down.

I also love Disney, but the Breeze was better to my family (2 tweens, dh and me) and the kids are disappointed that we are not going on the Breeze in February (we don't have enough time off to take a week long cruise).

I think I have made up my mind and I want to book the Breeze. If I get the cruise bug, probably will book the Fantasy for early Oct. (we get 2 days off school because of a teacher's convention and another because of Canadian thanksgiving). Just a few questions :

It's $250 more for a regular balcony, and some people love the coves due to the proximity to the water. But I am worried that I will get sprayed...:(

Safety concerns.

The flights I'm looking at depart Tuesday and the cruise ends on Sunday. It would be a big plus if it was on Miami beach.

We had a cove last September. It was wonderful! We did not get sprayed, and we loved being able to see the water next to the ship. The balconies up above look down onto deck 5.

Safety concerns.

Sorry for all of the new posts. But, I wanted to chime in on the where to stay in Miami. We stayed at the Embassy Suites next to the airport. We would stay there again in a heartbeat. The evening reception, the breakfast, the pool, etc. were all great.

You will have an awesome time on the breeze. I have six kids and at the time we went ranged in ages 2 1/2-15 and they all had a blast. My kids are excited about our first disney cruise but they hands down had a memorable and super awesome vacation on the breeze. Don't miss the punchliner breakfast that is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums