RCI Vs. NCL

I am going with my DW on the Allure at the end of January and I am looking into maybe doing a back to back on NCL Epic. Are preferred cruise line is RCI and we like Carnival. I would like to know from any people who love RCI and have also sail NCL (EPIC) to tells us the difference and if they like NCL and would do it again?

We've sailed Royal 5 times, with a cruise on the Oasis booked for May. We've also sailed the Epic in 2013. Most likely would not sail NCL again. Believe me, it was not a bad cruise at all, we just didn't prefer it over Royal. We like traditional dining and formal night, so we didn't really like their freestyle dining, but you might prefer that. We also found the ship crowded at times (especially the pool deck).

However, I would definitely consider sailing the Epic as part of a B2B with Allure. That way you could really get a taste of the two lines. (But be aware that the Allure sails from Fort Lauderdale, while the Epic sails from Miami.)

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Sailed on the Seranade, Monarch, Majesty and booked on the Oasis for RCCL. Sailed on the Pride of America, Dawn, and Epic on NCL. DW and I prefer to do our own thing so we prefer the Freestyle experience of NCL.

Will be interested to see if the MTD horror stories are true on the Oasis. I have a hard time believing they can't figure it out as NCL has been doing this for years.

My main difference IMHO, is that NCL is a bit more flexible with the options in entertainment and dining. My Oasis booking experience has been a lot more stressful than it needs to be. Do I really need to decide where and what time I want to eat on day 6 three months out?

Also, we love the Howl at the Moon piano bar on Epic as well as outdoor adults only pool. Looking forward to the Oasis, but I hope the adjustment back to "regular" cruising isn't too noticeable.