Moorea Sheraton - how far in advance

CSloan

We plan on booking an OWB at the Moorea Sheraton for our Nov 2006 cruise. How far in advance do we need to book it? Is there a better rate if we go thru an online agency (Expedia, etc) instead of directly with the Sheraton?

Any tips would be appreciated.

From my experience if you are only booking for a few nites then I think you will get the best rate going thru the Moorea Sheraton site. A package would save you money but you would have to stay 5 days or more. If you are going to do that then check out packages that include air.

We stayed in an OWB in May, 2005 and it was wonderful. The OWB rooms are great and if you go for a horizon view you will get a room with a great view and lots of privacy. I would book as soon as the Moorea Sheraton opens the rates for your time. Also about three months before sailing, send an email to the hotel manager requesting one of the prime location rooms. Check around the internet for maps of the hotel.

Mike

Mike (and anyone else who has answers),

I have a few questions.. if you don't mind..

When you went, did you do your own air?

Were you able to arrive in Papeete in time to catch the boat to Moorea?

Or, did you spend the night in Papeete your first night?

Do you know what the difference is between Horizon and Premium Horizon? (besides the $$ of course!)

We're planning on two nights at the Moorea Sheraton, but are thinking it might be wise to arrive a day early to spend the night in Papeete, then take the boat over to Moorea in the morning. I don't have a clue what the air schedules would be right now.

Thanks for the info!

We had booked our air thru Princess but ATN ran a special and we cancelled Princess and booked our own air. Check the Moorea ferry schedule for the last boat to Moorea. When we were there, the last boat was about 6:00 pm. We arrived in Tahiti at about 8:30 pm and stayed at the Beachcomber that night. We did Moorea post. After our stay, we caught the 5:00 pm ferry back to Tahiti and spent the evening at the Beachcomber having dinner with friends and went to the airport about 9:00pm for our 11:30 flight.

The Premium OWB at the Moorea Sheration are the ones far out on the pier. The best are 109, 107, 105, 103 and 101. These OWB offer much more privacy on the balcony and a great view of the sunset without looking at the other OWB. The rooms are all the same and their location determines their prices.

mike

Thanks for all the info! We booked two nights precruise (Nov 5 & 6, 2006). The website offers AAA (as well as other) discounts. We saved a few hundred dollars going that route. We'll probably stay in Papeete the night we fly in, so we can get maximum enjoyment (considering the maximum price!) in Moorea.

Guess we'll leave our air with Princess for now, and keep our eyes out for a better deal.

Archived