Valor-Winston's cigar bar

sharonkrn

I notice on the Valor's deck plans there is a Winston's Cigar bar. Is this really a cigar bar or outdated floor plan? DH would love a cigar bar.

That is one of the ironies of the smoking/anti-smoking debate. A dedicated and so named cigar bar is now non-smoking.

I was aboard the Valor back when it was still a cigar bar. One could go there, enjoy a nice cigar in the dark paneled bar, sit in comfortable leather chair, and listen to a live band. No more, now it's a largely 90% empty venue.

That is one of the ironies of the smoking/anti-smoking debate. A dedicated and so named cigar bar is now non-smoking.

I was aboard the Valor back when it was still a cigar bar. One could go there, enjoy a nice cigar in the dark paneled bar, sit in comfortable leather chair, and listen to a live band. No more, now it's a largely 90% empty venue.

We were aboard Glory in August and stopped by the Ivory Club for a drink. Mostly it seems used for a staging area for the aft dining room bar service. No entertainment. We used to love the cigar bar for drinks and a jazz trio.:(

I notice on the Valor's deck plans there is a Winston's Cigar bar. Is this really a cigar bar or outdated floor plan? DH would love a cigar bar.

Sharon, we were just on the Valor in November. Winstons is used for Karaoke most nights now. Also, some nights they had a Latin band in there, since it is still based in San Juan. Once they relocate the Valor to PC, I suspect the entertainment could be juggled around. Winstons is a nice place to hang out, very comfy chairs. As others have said, kind of under-utilized. Since I don't smoke I can't say if it was used more when they allowed smoking.