Baltimore from Syracuse or Rochester NY

Laurab23

Too long to drive and I don't want to fly. How can I get to the Baltimore port from Syracuse or Rochester or Ithaca NY? Would like to book a cruise leaving from Baltimore but need to figure out how to get there.

Laura

What do you mean "too far to drive"? If you don't want to drive or fly, your options are commercial bus (Megabus or Greyhound) or Amtrak, and both of those are going to take a lot longer, and involve a change in NYC.

If you don't want to make the drive in one day, I'd suggest that you get close, and spend the night somewhere in greater Philadelphia, which would leave you an hour or so drive to Baltimore.

What do you mean "too far to drive"? If you don't want to drive or fly, your options are commercial bus (Megabus or Greyhound) or Amtrak, and both of those are going to take a lot longer, and involve a change in NYC.

If you don't want to make the drive in one day, I'd suggest that you get close, and spend the night somewhere in greater Philadelphia, which would leave you an hour or so drive to Baltimore.

I am in my 60's and don't feel driving 6 +hours by myself.

You can take Amtrak, but I wouldn't recommend that. From Rochester you will be scheduled for approx. 11 hours. That doesn't include the guaranteed delay you will have on the train between Rochester and Albany.

Are you willing to drive at all? Maybe you can drive to Philly, then take a bus or train the rest of the way (I don't know anything about parking there).

Or take an overnight bus to NYC then catch an early morning train to Baltimore.

Do you just not like flying? Southwest flies non-stop from ROC to BWI.

Or maybe check with the roll call and carpool :D

We drove from Potsdam/ Massena area. Not too bad only 8 hrs. We drove about 6 hours the night before, and stayed overnight which left us only a few hours left to go. fFrom Syracuse that is even closer. drive about four hours and stay the night. You'll have plenty of time to drive the rest and board without being tired.

Sent from my iPad using Forums