Recent Navigator experience bringing on water/soft drinks?

Does anyone have any recent experience in bringing a pack of water and/or soft drinks on board with you? Please share the good, bad and ugly!

We took a case of water on this past September. We had it packed in a suitcase and checked it.

Thanks! I assume no issues with the naughty room?

We are taking the RCI transfer to the pier, so I doubt we would be there too much before 1:00 so carry on shouldn't be a big inconvenience.

Might be getting cruises mixed up, but I remember having to go to security and open the bag so they could confirm it was only water.

Does anyone have any recent experience in bringing a pack of water and/or soft drinks on board with you? Please share the good, bad and ugly!

We've never had a problem bringing on water until this last cruise on the Navigator. What happened was actually pretty funny. We packed one of those little half-case 8 ounce waters in a checked bag. It never made it to the room so we figured it was because of the water inside. Sure enough, after dinner the first night, we returned to our room and found a hand written note telling us we needed to come to the "naughty room" to claim our bag. My husband went and when he asked the guy why his bag wasn't delivered to the room, he said "Because of the alcohol inside." My husband said "What alcohol?" He opened the bag and pulled out the water. An apology followed and they both laughed about it. :D

• 3 weeks later...