Solstice Celebrity Suite v Sky Suite $2k Difference

Vikstar

I am hoping to get people's opinions on whether a Celebrity Suite on the Solstice would offer a lot more benefits than a Sky Suite. The difference between the two is $2K and I'm trying to work out whether to upgrade or not. Any thoughts appreciated!

I am hoping to get people's opinions on whether a Celebrity Suite on the Solstice would offer a lot more benefits than a Sky Suite. The difference between the two is $2K and I'm trying to work out whether to upgrade or not. Any thoughts appreciated!

If your booking comes after April 2015, the Suite Class benefits will be in full swing and a Celebrity Suite would be more desirable than a Sky Suite.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Unless this is some kind of special cruise I would stick with the Sky suite unless the cabin is that important to you. You can usually get the Beverage package included in the sky suite + the specialty dinner package and internet can be had for way less than 2K. We had a PH last year and only used Michaels club 2 times, the 1st and last day. We did not find it to be big deal.

We Upgraded from the Sky suite to Celebrity Suite For $1200.00 total for two of us. For the experience, it was worth it, as the sky suites were on the Deck under the Oceanview Cafe---we were afraid of the noises from above our cabin. We were very satisfied with Michael's Club even though we had a premium drink package with our cruise as a perk that we had upgraded to from the Classic drink package. Anca, the concierge was wonderful, very helpful and friendly. Loved the room. We had 1615 on the hump which had an extended balcony. Loved our experience, Woulddo it again, if we had the chance to upgrade.

We Upgraded from the Sky suite to Celebrity Suite For $1200.00 total for two of us. For the experience, it was worth it, as the sky suites were on the Deck under the Oceanview Cafe---we were afraid of the noises from above our cabin. We were very satisfied with Michael's Club even though we had a premium drink package with our cruise as a perk that we had upgraded to from the Classic drink package. Anca, the concierge was wonderful, very helpful and friendly. Loved the room. We had 1615 on the hump which had an extended balcony. Loved our experience, Woulddo it again, if we had the chance to upgrade.

I struggled with the same issue but finally decided to go with the Celebrity suite because of Michaels. BTW, booked 1615 too. Glad to hear I picked a room with a great balcony.

We are faced with the exact same decision right now. We are booked on an Alaskan cruise in August (7 nights). We have reserved an AFT S1 corner Sky Suite and a Celebrity Suite (on the hump #1233). The price difference is about $1900 CAD. I am trying to decide if it's worth it. Many people have mentioned that the AFT Sky Suites are wonderful and better for Alaska (you can see more). The only thing that we will miss is the larger cabin and Michael's.

I'm going to have to cancel one of them before final payment...decisions, decisions.

Shawn

We are faced with the exact same decision right now. We are booked on an Alaskan cruise in August (7 nights). We have reserved an AFT S1 corner Sky Suite and a Celebrity Suite (on the hump #1233). The price difference is about $1900 CAD. I am trying to decide if it's worth it. Many people have mentioned that the AFT Sky Suites are wonderful and better for Alaska (you can see more). The only thing that we will miss is the larger cabin and Michael's.

I'm going to have to cancel one of them before final payment...decisions, decisions.

Shawn

For Alaska I would absolutely book the Celebrity Suite over the Sky Suite - I have not been but this would be a very special trip when I finally do it. I believe 1233 is on a slight angle so gives a bit more of a view - you can see down to the bridge wings and beyond!

It was a 7 night. Price may not seem good to some.but it was worth it to us. Made the cruise very special.

Seems ok to me. I just made the upgrade as I knew if I didn't I would think about it too much!

Unless this is some kind of special cruise I would stick with the Sky suite unless the cabin is that important to you. You can usually get the Beverage package included in the sky suite + the specialty dinner package and internet can be had for way less than 2K. We had a PH last year and only used Michaels club 2 times, the 1st and last day. We did not find it to be big deal.

The only internet you'd receive in a CS is the free 90 minute package that comes with the Elite Coupons. In a CS you're given Elite benefits for the cruise and invited to any elite events, not so in a Sky Suite. The free internet, free mini-bar, free unlimited specialty dining starts at the RS.

As far as the original posters question, we would definitely do it for $2000 for 14 days, and think that is a good price. On alaska we'd rather have the aft view, but the other benefits would outweigh the view. We really like a separate bedroom.

If one of the angled hump CS cabins, especially the aft facing ones was available, it would definitely be worth it.

There are many unpublished benefits to a CS that come with Michael's Club that in our opinion add to the value. It is way more than just a room to go visit or spend time in.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

If you have any tendered ports, having Michaels Club access provides you first tender boat to shore access.

You gather in Michaels, and when the tender is ready, they lead you thru a special door right down to the tenders, as others wait behind the ropes at the stairs. This is done before the announcement that tenders are ready, in my experience about 30 minutes prior to that announcement.

Same process for Labadee Cabanas, and I assume other similar VIP type excursions.

Celebrity suite includes Michaels, which is really the only added perk from Sky Suites besides larger stateroom that I can see.

As I book often last minute, I rarely have a beverage package, so Michael's becomes my free drink package ;-)

If you have any tendered ports, having Michaels Club access provides you first tender boat to shore access.

You gather in Michaels, and when the tender is ready, they lead you thru a special door right down to the tenders, as others wait behind the ropes at the stairs. This is done before the announcement that tenders are ready, in my experience about 30 minutes prior to that announcement.

Same process for Labadee Cabanas, and I assume other similar VIP type excursions.

Celebrity suite includes Michaels, which is really the only added perk from Sky Suites besides larger stateroom that I can see.

As I book often last minute, I rarely have a beverage package, so Michael's becomes my free drink package ;-)

You beat me to it! As Jenna says, we would jump at the Celebrity Suite for 2k extra - Michael's Club and a separate bedroom has got to be worth it!

Edited by Project_gal

Thanks all for your help. Just wondering if the bed in the CS bedroom separates into two beds as from the picture it looks quite tight up against the side tables?

it is tight, but imagine one of the side tables goes to the middle, and one of the beds moves to the wall opposite the closet area - as to M class. assume S class does same, but can not confirm.

simple game of Tetris LOL. :D

The main bedroom can be set up as twin. One bed will be pushed against the wall to the main room, the second bed remains. This is to enable the access to the walk-in wardrobe that is next to the second bed's night table.

We just made final payment on Celebrity Suite 1615 for the 18 day Tahitian Treasures cruise, Sydney to Honolulu. We, too, toyed with the aft Sky Suite versus the CS.

We had a Celebrity Suite recently on the Summit to Bermuda. We LOVED the CS experience. We went to Michaels every day, really enjoyed the attention and pampering, priority tendering and the concierge was wonderful and helpful. The included drinks, anything you wanted, all waking hours, was also a bonus!

So decision made....Celebrity Suite won out. We are so excited for our adventure....