Snorkel Gear Rental

bolineclan

I just received an email from Bananarama indicating they do not have any snorkel equipment available to rent so are only offering the $30 package which includes transportation, a drink, and facilities. My question is will there be equipment available for rent when we get to the beach (Infinity Bay, Bananarama, Tabayana area)? I was leaning toward going with Bananarama because of the transportation/equipment rental but don't know now. There are 5 of us. What would be the most economical and safe means for us to get there/rent equipment. Our main goal is to be beach bums and snorkel the entire day at port. Any suggestions/input would be greatly appreciated.

I've been to Roatan twice. Mostly recently with 3 female friends. We had no trouble walking out of the port area and finding a sweet taxi driver to take us to the reef. Sorry, I don't recall how much it cost, but the guy stayed there waiting for us the whole day and then brought us back to the ship for one low price. I'll ask my friend Julie if she remembers how much.

There are many resorts along the beach. I recall walking by Bananarama and taking a few photos of the place to show my husband thinking I wouldn't mind visiting. It looked like a laid back beach bar atmosphere.

We did rent snorkel equipment from one of the guys offering a boat ride out to the deeper part of the reef.

If I were you (I will be there again a week from tomorrow!) I would negotiate a price for a round trip taxi ride to the Bananarama entrance to the beach. I hope this helps.

~Wendy

• 2 months later...