Port/Hotels in Baltimore

runner2013

Hello all,

I'm looking at a cruise out of Port of Baltimore. I've found a lot of hotels in the Linthicum, Elkridge, and Hanover areas offering free shuttles to and from BWI airport which is great. A few have shuttle packages from hotel to pier but they seem a bit pricey to me since I won't be leaving a vehicle there for the duration of the trip. It looks like the hotels are about 10-20 minutes away from the pier according to Google maps, and I was thinking of just paying for a taxi there the morning of the cruise instead of using the shuttle.

Has anyone taken a taxi from their hotel, how much was it? Are the fares a flat rate or does the meter run?

Any info appreciated

Thanks

TaxiFareFinder dot com estimates $35 for normal traffic from BWI to the cruise terminal. There's apparently a $30 flat fare from the terminal to BWI.

There are a lot of perfectly good hotels around BWI. If a room including shuttle at a hotel you generally like is less than say $50 more than a hotel without a shuttle, take the hotel with the shuttle. If it's much less than that, I'd ask why...