Good price for airfare to Oahu?

azcater

I'm thinking out booking the 7 day POA cruise in May and checked airfare through Hawaiian and it was $481.50 per person from Phoenix, AZ. Is that a good fare or should I wait till closer to the date? I have no idea since we've never been to Hawaii.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I'm interested in this also, but can be somewhat flexible. Are there certain times of the year that air fares to Hawaii might normally be cheaper than others?

thanks

-Monte

Monte, I've never seen a rhime or reason for fares to Hawaii. Jan & Feb has all of us wanting to get away from the cold. Summer and school breaks have families. But no matter when, I've always gotten the best rates booking right after the airlines release them, which is 330 days out. They go up and down for a month or two and then start going up. Sometimes a week or two before a flight has a good deal, but I can't afford to wait that long and take a chance.

I'd say September and October might be good months but don't know for sure.

Looks like NCL is charging $449 for air fare from PHX next May. So, I would say your fare looks good, especially considering you will know your schedule in advance.

We are going on the 12/31/05 POAM cruise and got airfare for $370 each as a part of what appears to be a special package price for that cruise. A little cheaper than yours, but who knows what our itinerary will be.

Yeh, it is a good fare and it is better to control your own destiny than go with NCL; they really screwed us up with too tight connections; we had to stay in LA airport since we did not make the connection and we had to pay for it. So now there is much paperwork for the insurance claim.

We would never have NCL do our pre or post stay hotels or air again.

The hotels were a screw up too.

Do it on your own; just make sure you do at least a one day pre-stay and a one day post-stay in Hawaii.

Have fun!

I'm thinking out booking the 7 day POA cruise in May and checked airfare through Hawaiian and it was $481.50 per person from Phoenix, AZ. Is that a good fare or should I wait till closer to the date? I have no idea since we've never been to Hawaii.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

If you are comfortable with and have the time for driving to LA I know that Hawaiian Airlines often offers very cheap fares out of LAX.

I have flown on Hawaian Air and that price isn't bad it all for May. We flew in late November of 2003 and got a "FANTASTIC" airfare of $287 and that included the taxes. The flight was out of Phoenix and there was a two week window in July for booking the flight at that price. Check for online specials such as "$10 off if you book online". "$10 off if this is the first time booking with us" "$10 off if you sign up for Air miles". These automatic discounts can really add up. By the way, I just did a quick search PHX to HNL leaving on a Wednesday and returning on a Wednesday for next May and the cheapest I see is $476. I hope this helps. Tim

Archived