At Freedom Terminal Now: Debacle

Some of the excursions to the ruins were cancelled due to us being a tad late to Cozumel from "stragglers" arriving late to the ship the day before in Georgetown.

The people we watched arriving late looked to be beach goers for the most part.

It could also have been a ship sponsored beach excursion.

Annoying for sure that the ship had to wait for that mother, but I think that there are a few circumstances that probably make it difficult - their is the time change situation in Cozumel I believe and the Freedom has reduced port hours still? So maybe she was just confused about the return time...

I do think it's a reasonable policy for RCCl not to leave if the children are on board but their parents are missing - I think that would be an entirely bigger and more newsworthy story they would have on their hands if they left!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Those mid cruise time changes are another practice I'd like to see go away. Especially for closed loop cruises where there's only a one or two hour difference with the local time.

I think it is so much nicer to simply keep to ship's time, instead of the ship trying to match the local time. I loathe gaining and then losing sleep hours, and I'll bet the crew does too.