Azura Dress Code

Patsy Flower

Our friends have recently returned from Azura and have said that the semi formal nights have been discontinued.

They had 4 formal nights and 10 smart casual nights on their recent Caribbean cruise.

Could someone please confirm that this change has been made.

My husband does not want to take a jacket if it is not needed.

Our friends have recently returned from Azura and have said that the semi formal nights have been discontinued.

They had 4 formal nights and 10 smart casual nights on their recent Caribbean cruise.

Could someone please confirm that this change has been made.

My husband does not want to take a jacket if it is not needed.

Azura, Ventura, Oceana and Britannia, when she comes on stream will only have 2 dress codes, formal (2 per week) and casual (5 per week)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi,not related but on the Azura on 6th feb could you please tell me how the dining is selected as says allocated on ship and not changeable?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In presuming that your booking has been a later saver deal, then you will indeed have to wait until you get to your cabin before finding out your allocation. Any alteration to the arrangement assuming it would be allowed, would need to be done on the first evening.

You will probably find out when you get to your cabin which sitting you have been allocated.

If it is late sitting then go to the dining room and ask what time the Restaurant Manager will be available for change requests - but prepare to queue and possibly be disappointed.

Hi,booked on ice lolly chose the balcony room minimum 5 floors up and thought I would be able to choose dining before I get on board as really don't want the later sitting.

Also isnt that a bit crafty of Ice Lolly to sell you the "perk" of a minimum of 5 floors up, when the are no balcony cabins any lower than that anyway?!

Yeh,could work out just don't like how they have gone about misselling it just expect a bit more respect and honesty!i contacted them to upgrade on the flight and once they had my money over 3months before weren't interested!😊

Just an update contacted travel agent can't mention as post will be taken off said they would look at changing to select said I would pay for upgrade not got back to me today as promised!

You will probably find out when you get to your cabin which sitting you have been allocated.

If it is late sitting then go to the dining room and ask what time the Restaurant Manager will be available for change requests - but prepare to queue and possibly be disappointed.

We have booked on a late saver and realise we might not get the sitting we want but that's part of the deal with paying a cheaper price. We consider for the price we paid we are getting a bargain, just keeping our fingers crossed for the correct sitting.

We have booked on a late saver and realise we might not get the sitting we want but that's part of the deal with paying a cheaper price. We consider for the price we paid we are getting a bargain, just keeping our fingers crossed for the correct sitting.

At last, someone who actually understands what booking a late saver means and doesn't moan! An excellent post amajaa:)

Us too. But then again we love late sitting so on P&O it's never a problem getting it.

Us too. But then again we love late sitting so on P&O it's never a problem getting it.

We prefer early sitting or of course 'my time' if we don't get it we will try to change but if we can't that's part of the deal. We always book a guarantee balcony on the late saver and don't really mind which cabin we get as long as it's a balcony. Unfortunately we can't get the military OBC on the late saver either but hey ho that's the deal as well.

Just an update been allocated cabin b deck in the middle not bad!decided to book Sindhu,seventeen,glass house consecutively so not too upset

Do you have to book the Glasshouse? My experience on Ventura is you just turned up except when it was a special dinner/wine tasting.

Having used the Glasshouse for dining on numerous cruises the only time you have to book is normally the "Taster Dinner" which is held twice on a fourteen night cruise and cost approx £30 per person, it is normally limited to approx 15 couples as the venue is small and in my opinion is good value for money.

Hi daniel39

The Taster Dinner is four courses with accompanying wine, the head waiter explains about the food the wine expert then explains why the wine was chosen to go with that course, My wife and I do not like sweet desert wine and they were happy to change our wine for that course. If you like sparkling wine I would suggest you try "Peller" Ice wine it is my opinion excellent. the Glasshouse also does a nice Tapas menu during daytime and evening apart from their normal meal menu.

Part of the buffet restaurant is turned into a waiter service diner at night, I believe they now have a £5.00 cover charge and a smaller supplementary charge on some of the menu choices, it is non book able and very popular if they do not have a table available right away they will give you a pager and you can go up to the Metropalis/Planet bar or the terrace pool bar for a pre dinner drink until table ready.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by Sanjam cruisers