Possible To Add A Person Without Changing Rate?

I booked two cabins last year during one of the BOGO sales.

My sister-in-law now wants to go but the inside cabin I booked for my daughter & granddaughter only holds two people.

I would like to call and see if we could move them to a 3 person cabin and just add my SIL to the booking but I am nervous that I would have to cancel this room and rebook under a much higher rate.

Does anyone have any experience in just adding a person without changing the rate?

Thanks everybody!!!

I booked two cabins last year during one of the BOGO sales.

My sister-in-law now wants to go but the inside cabin I booked for my daughter & granddaughter only holds two people.

I would like to call and see if we could move them to a 3 person cabin and just add my SIL to the booking but I am nervous that I would have to cancel this room and rebook under a much higher rate.

Does anyone have any experience in just adding a person without changing the rate?

Thanks everybody!!!

Did you do a mock booking to see if there are any available inside cabins in the same category that accommodate 3 passengers ? If so than you might be able to switch without cost changing. You won't be able to keep the current room as it cannot accommodate 3 passengers nor is it large enough to accommodate a rollaway. Bottom line you won't know for certain unless you call RCCL.

Did you do a mock booking to see if there are any available inside cabins in the same category that accommodate 3 passengers ? If so than you might be able to switch without cost changing. You won't be able to keep the current room as it cannot accommodate 3 passengers nor is it large enough to accommodate a rollaway. Bottom line you won't know for certain unless you call RCCL.

So if a different cabin with greater capacity is available, then an extra passenger can be added at the same rate?

Any idea if this is also possible even after final payment?

So if a different cabin with greater capacity is available, then an extra passenger can be added at the same rate?

They will probably charge current rate for the additional person.

To change cabins without changing the cost, you need to stay within the same category. I don't know for sure but I don't think a cabin for 2 people & one for 3 are the same category.

If they are, the additional person will pay the current rate but the original people shouldn't have an increase.

I'm pretty sure this is correct information. If it's not, someone will correct my mistake(s).

Has to be in the same category as originally booked but 3rd person will most likely be charged current rate.