Is there a Scotchies in Ocho Rios?

BunnyLove123

If so, how far away is it by taxi from the cruise terminal? Has anyone ever been? I hear that it's good, but I don't really want to spend an arm and a leg getting there. Jamaica is not my favorite, but would like to experience this first hand if I'm able-

Thanks in advance!:)

On my Courtney Taylor Tour in November, we stopped at Scotchie's after the Blue Hole. Here is a close-up of Scotchie's on the map....

2cfrr7n.jpg

And here I've "zoomed out", so you can see Scotchie's on the left, and Ocho Rios on the right....

5v9och.jpg

Personally, I thought Scotchie's was just okay, nothing special. The chicken was good, the jerk pork sausage was okay, and the rice & beans didn't have much flavor. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we went, but if I went to Jamaica again, I would want to try a different place.....jonathan

On my Courtney Taylor Tour in November, we stopped at Scotchie's after the Blue Hole. Here is a close-up of Scotchie's on the map....

2cfrr7n.jpg

And here I've "zoomed out", so you can see Scotchie's on the left, and Ocho Rios on the right....

5v9och.jpg

Personally, I thought Scotchie's was just okay, nothing special. The chicken was good, the jerk pork sausage was okay, and the rice & beans didn't have much flavor. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we went, but if I went to Jamaica again, I would want to try a different place.....jonathan

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!! I can say we went there but definitely wouldn't go back. The food was ok, nothing speical. Overpriced. The food truck where we got our patties from were much more authentic. Rice & Beans were bland, the corn on the cobs were hard (almost inedible). The ribs & chicken were good, but my fish was horrible.

I think this place is overrated and VERY touristy...if that is what you're after then it's the place to be.