8A balcony or Spa balcony?

Luluwa

Currently booked in a nice 8A balcony but considering a Spa balcony. Never sailed in one.... What do Yall think?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Luluwa

I think it depends greatly what ship you are sailing on. What ship?

If you are sailing on the Breeze or one of the newer ships I would say go for it! But if its the sunshine or one of the older refurbished ships I would say it's not as good of a deal. The spas are smaller and don't have the Thalassotherapy pool that the newer and bigger ships have.

I considered one just for the location on the Sunshine this cruise and being close to the serenity but ultimately we just didn't think we would use the spa enough to spend the money for one.

For me there is some variables to make the decision

There are many 8a balconies that are over noise areas. If I was above one if those I would move

Depends on what cabin for a spa balcony. Some are uncovered and opened to the elements

For me to upgrade to a spa balcony will be a 320 difference to go from a 8b to spa. Considering it will only be 300 to buy the pass. I stayed where I am

We're booked in a spa balcony on the Magic. When I checked prices and pros/cons it was the best choice for us. I think no matter what you book you always wonder if the grass is greener. We sail in 14 days & all I can think is "should we have upgraded to the suite?!"

Actually it's $150 to upgrade to Spa balcony and it's our Silver wedding anniversary

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is very good price. It cost around $350 when we upgraded in 2012. We loved the location and loved having access to the tessalotherapy (sp?) pool and the thermal suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We got home today & I'll give you my 2 cents on the spa balcony. While the floor itself was quieter on deck 12, we were in 12001....the first cabin on the Starboard side & directly across from the gym. For the most part the gym didn't bother us, but there were a couple of nights when a hugely muscled gentleman was running on the treadmill ad every stride caused everything in my cabin to bounce. We didn't take much advantage of the actual balcony & I found that being that high up on the ship caused us to feel the motion of the ship more so than on the lower decks. Also, being able to get an elevator is a heck of a lot more difficult when you're staying over the Lido deck FYI. We've already decided we'll book Lido or lower from here on out.

I've booked a spa balcony 2x on the Splendor & will have one on the Magic on our upcoming trip - we are hooked on the Cloud 9 spa & if our ship has all the amenities (thelosotherapy being #1) we wouldn't take another cabin. LOVE and use the spa area every day -