2016 California Coastal

Mare10

Does anyone know why they haven't posted a Southbound Coastal in the fall of 2016? I wouldn't think it's too soon. There are northbounds in the spring but no Southbound in the fall. Thanks in advance!

They put the schedules up a year at a time in April or so I believe. There is nothing up past the spring of 2016 yet. In about three months they will post spring of 2016 through spring of 2017.

Someone just asked about Alaska summer 2016 sailings as well.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

You might look for this possibility. The 4-5 day is not profitable... and another option exists

Vancouver to Hawaii to LA without having to visit Mexico... way more $$$ revenue.

Presently there is only one cruise a year from for Canadians to make a Hawaii cruise from Vancouver. Better yet Canadians can make a one way cruise to Hawaii 7 day.... without breaking the laws of Jones and passenger service.

LOL, I thought we were the only ones. :D

We are waiting for the 2017 Alaska schedule.

Patti

And I'm going with Pat & Mike too (they just don't know it yet.)I tried a few years ago but fell & broke my leg :mad: three weeks before departure, so I was laid up.

I'm set up for a Calif Coastal for April '16.

Edited by Treven

You might look for this possibility. The 4-5 day is not profitable... and another option exists

Vancouver to Hawaii to LA without having to visit Mexico... way more $$$ revenue.

Presently there is only one cruise a year from for Canadians to make a Hawaii cruise from Vancouver. Better yet Canadians can make a one way cruise to Hawaii 7 day.... without breaking the laws of Jones and passenger service.

How do you know that the 4/5 days cruises aren't profitable? IMO, the initial pricing on them is ridiculous and of course Princess has to drop the price to sell the ship. I've always believed that onboard spending is what makes a cruise profitable (or not), and every short sailing (mainly 3 days) that I've been on recently has been full of people spending plenty of money onboard.

I will say that I don't know what Princess is thinking with the way they schedule their short cruises. Few people who still work for others will want to waste 4-5 vacation days to take a 3-night cruise midweek. Put those on the weekend the way Carnival does (and RCI used to) and the 3-nighter will pay for the week.

And anybody can do that one way from Vancouver to Hawaii, not just Canadians.;)

It seems to me that any cruise with "wine" in its name sells well, too.:D

There was only one 15 day Vancouver to Hawaii and back to Vancouver on Princess in 2014. This year there will be four of them! Plus the one ways that we prefer so we can spend more time in Hawaii before or after the cruise. The one we did from Vancouver to Honolulu this past September on Pacific Princess was 12 days with 6 Hawaiian stops rather than only 4 that the roundtrips have.

Terry