Port Canaveral T10 Waiting Area?

Garavar

My girlfriend and I are booked on Enchantment of the Seas next weekend and we are driving from Fort Lauderdale to Port Canaveral.

Our Cruise Docs tell us check in is 10:30 to 2:30 at Terminal 10. We will be leaving our house at 8 am to be safe incase we hit traffic or something. If there is no traffic then we should get there a little before 10:30 am.

Therefore, we were curious if there is a waiting area with places to sit and wait to check in? Maybe a shop to buy snack or water. We are booked in Grand Suite so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

There is no waiting area before you check-in. I've seen people lined up outside the terminal if check-in is not open yet. After you check-in, there are chairs inside the terminal to wait for boarding to being. There's no store in the terminal building or near vicinity.

My girlfriend and I are booked on Enchantment of the Seas next weekend and we are driving from Fort Lauderdale to Port Canaveral.

Our Cruise Docs tell us check in is 10:30 to 2:30 at Terminal 10. We will be leaving our house at 8 am to be safe incase we hit traffic or something. If there is no traffic then we should get there a little before 10:30 am.

Therefore, we were curious if there is a waiting area with places to sit and wait to check in? Maybe a shop to buy snack or water. We are booked in Grand Suite so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Thanks in advance

We're on your sailing and we will probably arrive around 10:30, as usual.

Like Bob said, theres no real outside waiting area there. However, we generally get to Port Canaveral around 10:30 and go right through security and check in. Sometimes you can walk right on the ship or sometimes they will place you in the holding areas with rows of chairs until boarding begins.

If for some reason there is a delay, like there was today, odds are you will be standing outside until they open up the security lines.

If you find you have made good time, you could exit I95 an exit or two before the Beachline (Hwy 528) like Hwy 520 or even Rockledge and go east to US 1 North.

You could grab breakfast and certainly find plenty of stores for snacks and sodas on the way. The port will is just a bit further on and you could avoid standing outside waiting.

Sometimes (at least the 3 times we've sailed out of Terminal 10), they had ice water, coffee and cookies set out.

Also, if you're there by 10:30, you'll probably be on the ship and eating by 11:30, unless boarding is being delayed for some reason, which does happen on occassion.

Edited by nolesrule

If you find you have made good time, you could exit I95 an exit or two before the Beachline (Hwy 528) like Hwy 520 or even Rockledge and go east to US 1 North.

You could grab breakfast and certainly find plenty of stores for snacks and sodas on the way. The port will is just a bit further on and you could avoid standing outside waiting.

Sounds great, we will definitely do that, any good breakfast places you recommend? (Non-chain, we like to try new places)

Sometimes (at least the 3 times we've sailed out of Terminal 10), they had ice water, coffee and cookies set out.

Also, if you're there by 10:30, you'll probably be on the ship and eating by 11:30, unless boarding is being delayed for some reason, which does happen on occassion.

Cookies? No way, I wouldn't think RCI would do that cause people would empty the cookie tray in minutes.

Oh so the Punch and Cookies are for GS only? Where is this area?

And how do they exclude JS since its all the same line haha

I think they just mean the priority suite check in area, JS is included in this.

I would stay on 95 until you get to 528 and get off the same place you would if you were going to ship... instead head for the cove area.

Grills is wonderful for breakfast. You can sit outside (or inside) on the water and look at your ship. If the weather is nice it is a wonderful place to breakfast. Even when the weather isn't nice... it is great. I highly recommend the seafood omelet.

http://www.grillsseafood.com/grills-breakfast.pdf (breakfast menu)

http://grillsseafood.com

US 1 between Cocoa and 528 is a torn up mess. I absolutely can guarantee that there is nothing on that road as nice as Grills for breakfast!

I would stay on 95 until you get to 528 and get off the same place you would if you were going to ship... instead head for the cove area.

Grills is wonderful for breakfast. You can sit outside (or inside) on the water and look at your ship. If the weather is nice it is a wonderful place to breakfast. Even when the weather isn't nice... it is great. I highly recommend the seafood omelet.

http://www.grillsseafood.com/grills-breakfast.pdf (breakfast menu)

http://grillsseafood.com

US 1 between Cocoa and 528 is a torn up mess. I absolutely can guarantee that there is nothing on that road as nice as Grills for breakfast!

Grills is next to the new Terminal 1. so the ship's aft may almost be at your table for breakfast.

Agree about breakfast, but they mentioned wanting to shop a bit as well. That's why I mentioned going on to US1 for a little bit. The traffic is not really that bad. Remember, they are from So Fla....US 1 is not going to scare them :)

Agree about breakfast, but they mentioned wanting to shop a bit as well. That's why I mentioned going on to US1 for a little bit. The traffic is not really that bad. Remember, they are from So Fla....US 1 is not going to scare them :)

It's probably not going to scare them, but with all the construction from north of 528 all the way to just south of 520, it is very difficult to get in and out of businesses, the ones that haven't closed down due to the construction, and even more difficult to see and locate them if you are unfamiliar with the area.