Stateroom 13592, mid-ship, starboard on QOS

Please can anyone tell me how impeding the overhang from deck 14 above is along the staterooms in this midship zone?

I have this stateroom booked on Anthem in July 2015 and was wondering how badly the overhang will affect the sun we would get on the balcony.

Is it possible to lounge on the balcony and catch some sun 😎 or is it completely in the shade?

If it is too "shady" we may have to relocate!

TIA.

Baz.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am wondering the same thing as I am on deck 12 and not only do I have the overhang which will create an umbrella effect, I have struts (support poles) that attach to the balcony and render my balcony divider unusable and obscure my view. I have my TA working on this very issue and will report back if/when I hear from her.

This is from 13282 - the overhang obstructs most of the sky view and completely blocks the sun. I was pretty disappointed about the view from our balcony (not so much the lack of sun, but how the overhang blocked most of the sky!).

We were with a group who had a few rooms in a row, so these pictures are showing the view with the partitions opened. It was much more closed off when that was blocked off. If you want sunshine I'd go at least a floor or two lower !

IMG_4786_zpsa05b1c14.jpg

IMG_4690_zps9053a0a5.jpg

IMG_4675_zpsfa7e52d7.jpg

IMG_4690.jpg.e23887ef11c3668c9ab02b97a7b52346.jpg

Edited by silver7
photo upload issues !

Thank you for the picture - we were in a guarantee and just given cabin 13292 - which is more aft - but appears that the same overhang will be in that area as well? Any thoughts? Appreciate your help

According to the deck chart, that cabin is not as far in as mine was so while the overhang will be present, you are much closer to the edge of it. I cannot say for sure how much it will block your view, but it should be an improvement over what mine was.

I should also note that a lot of people complained about the noise from things being wheeled above us in these cabins. I wore earplugs and was fine (and I'm a light sleeper), but might be something to consider. That said, I loved my cabin location - being close to 270, windjammer, and restaurants, seaplex, and ifly was very nice !

Silver7 are those inserts between the overhang and the balcony which look like glass permanent or are they removable?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's the glass railing of the balcony ! Very permanent, I hope :) a lot of those photos were taken seated which may be why the perspective is weird..

Thank you for the input for cabin 13292 - I too thought the same thing being under a public area - however that is the situation with a guarantee - and since there is nothing else left - will adjust and enjoy whatever it is

Did you do a computer package and do you remember pricing? Tried to do reservations for dining and entertainment and just continues to show - not available - also spoke with RCCL and they said same - so again - will go and enjoy since still better than being home and at work - Thanks again -

We are booked in 13562 but not sailing until March. If anyone has any pics of that cabin and balcony I would love it.

I picked it because of its location near elevator just 1 floor up to pool. Not to mention the larger balcony.

Is the bed by the door the Balcony? Just wondering.

We are booked in 13562 but not sailing until March. If anyone has any pics of that cabin and balcony I would love it.

I picked it because of its location near elevator just 1 floor up to pool. Not to mention the larger balcony.

Is the bed by the door the Balcony? Just wondering.

Because there's a sofa bed in 13562, I will guess, and it's just a guess, that the bed will be by the bath. Reason for my guess: these balcony cabins have many similarities to those on Celebrity's S-class ships (the ships were built in the same shipyard as QOTS too), and in those, the sofa bed is always by the balcony (meaning the bed is by the bath). The cabins alternate as to bed location, so even if you don't see an icon for a sofa bed, you just count from one where you do.

I would love to have someone who has sailed on Quantum or who otherwise actually knows this info confirm whether this S-class tip for determining where the bed is also works on Quantum. (I do believe I read on here that the cabins on Q alternate bed position, but again, I can't say that as a fact.)

It does have a sofa bed for sure because we are a family of 4 and the kids get to sleep on the wonderful sofa bed.:D Might be the last cruise we can do that.

I did not see any Pullmans in any of the deck plans for balcony staterooms on Quantum. We really prefer Pullmans but I could not find any......not saying they do not exist my eyes are not that good and the plans are so tiny :-) but I did look a few times

The room feels more open then the bed it by the balcony

Looks like we will be relocating then, if still possible.

Now relocated stateroom to Forward, 13540 with no overhang.

And kept all benefits and discounts.

Happy days!😎

Sent from my iPhone using Forums