Carnival Sensation - First timer questions

jimjams1985

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I have just booked the 4 night Bahamas cruise out of Port Canaveral for May this year. It will be our first cruise and it's led me to stumble upon this great community. I have a few questions that I thought you guys might be able to answer for me.

1. Is there any information on the nature of the work that will be carried out to Sensation whilst she is in the dry dock during Feb?

2 What are the sea conditions likely to be like in mid May?

3 On a similar note, how "full" is the ship likely to be at that time?

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I have just booked the 4 night Bahamas cruise out of Port Canaveral for May this year. It will be our first cruise and it's led me to stumble upon this great community. I have a few questions that I thought you guys might be able to answer for me.

1. Is there any information on the nature of the work that will be carried out to Sensation whilst she is in the dry dock during Feb?

2 What are the sea conditions likely to be like in mid May?

3 On a similar note, how "full" is the ship likely to be at that time?

I love the Sensation!

1. *If* the Sensation follows suit on what the other Fantasy class ships have gotten in dry dock it looks like routine hotel maintenance and MAYBE an addition of the Red Frog and Blue Iguana bars by the pool!

2. My fiance gets extremely sea sick and he said "I didn't even know we were on a ship". I felt no motion on either cruise in May or June! We had great weather, so maybe if you're sailing through a storm things may get a little rocky.

3. I have been on this ship in May and June - they were not at capacity, but sure there was a good crowd on both. Nothing unbearable, I always had a lounge chair, I always found a good seat at the shows, etc...

thanks for that really helpful - it will be nice to have a bit of atmosphere on board but i'm not great in crowded spaces so reassuring that it won't be at capacity..

could you ezpand a little on what is meant by routine hotel maintenance,? does that mean all rooms/public areas will be getting a freshen up as i've read that the interior is looking a little tired?

I'm sorry I cannot answer any of your questions, but we were on this ship for the first time, the first part of November going to the Bahamas too.

There may have been some wear/tear on the ship, but we didn't notice it, and we are NOT nit/picky people.

I had read a lot of "negative" points about this ship before we cruised. My friend who was going with me had never cruised (I have done about 15 - 20 cruised in the past 25 years) before, and I was not planning on telling her what other people comments were.

I found the ship to be a smaller ship than what I was used to, but it was OK. If it is going into dry dock, they may be changing the color scheme,but there is a lot of purple on this ship. Because it is a smaller ship,it is easier to find your way around, than on a larger ship.l

My main comment about this ship is (my friend said the very same thing) that EVERYONE that was staff on this ship, no matter what their position was, were very FRIENDLY and helpful, if needed.

If you have any questions about the ship or the Bahamas, and I can answer, I'll be glad to.

I hope you enjoy your cruise when you take it.

I have been on the Sensation many times, the last time being in Oct.

However, I usually do the 3 night weekend cruise.

The motion of the ship depends on the weather, if it is windy or a storm it will be rocky. I would recommend bringing some sea sickness medication just in case.

The ships are usually full, but the beginning-middle of May is sort of a quiet season, so there shouldn't be loads of kids on board. Also since it is a Sun-Thurs cruise, probably not a ton of groups like bachelor/ette parties on board.

That being said, the shorter cruises are great for people who have never cruised, it gives you a taste for cruising.

The crew were all super friendly.

• 3 months later...

I just saw your post, and I'll be on this ship in May as well! It's the May 17th sailing out of Port Canaveral! I hope you have a great time on the cruise. I've never been before, so I'm anxious to see how the ship will be too.