Seattle Hotels with room for 8 ppl in condo/suite within 2 blocks of light rail

I can't find a hotel that could hold 8 of us. I gave up on looking for 3 separate rooms that were less than $200/night and thought I would try for one big room/suite. I need it to be somewhere along the Light Rail access point as my mother will not be able to walk far. We are flying in a day earlier than cruise and staying a day after. Help? Or any place that offers a free shuttle to the Light Rail and also from airport if the hotel is not close enough already. Am I reaching for stars here?

I don't think you're going to find something that will work with those criteria. And if your mother has difficulty walking, the trek from the airport terminal to the light rail station at Seatac is going to be trouble enough.

I'd plan on either revising your budget, or stay somewhere near the airport and put the hotel savings into taxis or limos to move you around. It will probably be easier both on your budget and your mother.

I can't find a hotel that could hold 8 of us. I gave up on looking for 3 separate rooms that were less than $200/night and thought I would try for one big room/suite. I need it to be somewhere along the Light Rail access point as my mother will not be able to walk far. We are flying in a day earlier than cruise and staying a day after. Help? Or any place that offers a free shuttle to the Light Rail and also from airport if the hotel is not close enough already. Am I reaching for stars here?

Have you tried looking on AirBnB? There are a number or houses/rentals in that area. You don't have your dates here, so it's tough to price things. But I have found some places that are closer to the airport that fit your criteria hotelwise for our May trip. Hipmunk.com does hotels as well as flights and is really useful... then check here to see what CCers think.

Sleep Inn is near the airport; it is budget friendly and has gotten great reviews on this forum. They provide a free shuttle to/from the airport and Light Rail Station. Plus they partner with Seattle Express for a transfer to/from either pier, at $12 pp.

My caution about using Light Rail is that there is walking at both ends. Ask the shuttle driver to let you off near the Rail entrance, otherwise it's a 10 minute walk thru the airport garage. And there's walking involved at the Westlake end as well.

Hotels and motels in almost every city have an occupancy limit per room, usually 4. Some cities allow more in "suites" type hotels...it varies. Fire and safety codes are usually what limits it. That's why you're having difficulty...the AirBnb suggestion is great or start looking at BnB's on sites like Tripadvisor.

Check out the Quality Inn and Suites http://www.qualityinnseattle.com/

We booked 4 rooms there prior to our cruise and we were quite happy for the price. For a fee they picked us up at the airport and on cruise morning, took us to the cruise terminal in the hotel shuttle for a fee (you could take a cab to the cruise as well). They do offer free shuttle to the immediate area. Without luggage, the walk to the monorail was fine and the bus stop was not far. With mobility issues I would not walk from the monorail (my cousin did with luggage but she does not have mobility issues). But, with 8 I would just ask them how much to have their shuttle pick you up at the airport. There was a Walgreens nearby to pick up some water and last minute supplies and such for the cruise. The location was convenient. They also have free breakfast and it was pretty good for a free meal.

I don't know your dates but it should be less than $200 per night. They do offer AAA and senior discounts. There are some rooms with 3 queen beds or 2 beds and a roll away so you can probably get away with 2 rooms if you want.

This is not a fancy place and others in our traveling group stayed at much more upscale hotels but we were all happy with the Quality Inn at the price we paid.

Also, within the main tourist areas cabs are pretty cheap so if your Mom needs a cab, just take one.

Edited by Jen1000

• 1 month later...