VIFP confused!

indychristine

I just printed out our boarding pass for our March 1st Liberty cruise. My VIFP shows me as Gold and my husbands is Red.

Problem is we both have only sailed once on Sunshine last May for 8 days. We should both be Red.

Any ideas why this would be? I'm guessing its just a glitch and when I check in my card will be Red too. :-/

And if you see extra cruises listed, print out the page for your records (in case they remove the wrong ones at some point if they detect/correct the error) and say nothing.

I've read posts from others who saw cruises they didn't take listed, so it isn't unheard of. Given what it costs to earn those loyalty points (versus the small amount of money it costs the cruise lines to give them to you) I have a clear conscience when it comes to accepting those "bonus" points.

They could make you Diamond by accident and still come out way ahead just by getting you onboard for another cruise.

Just for fun, you could log into the Carvinal site with your VIFP number and see which sailings are listed against your account.

I would keep an eye on it. As others have said, it's likely either a glitch or something like they have assigned the wrong loyalty points to you and it meant to be for another cruiser. Chances are, the will figure it out on their own, but I would't report it...But that's just me!

Just curious, why does it matter if your card is red or gold? Mine is gold but as far as I know I don't get anything special for it.

You get to go to the past guest party if you are gold and above!!!!

My kids love the fact that they have gold cards and go to the party with pride. Give me a couple of free drinks and a walk down memory lane (they show pictures of other ships in the fleet)

If I am red now but my cruise in 31 days will make me gold. Will I be considered "gold" once on board? Past guest party or not? Or am I not gold until the cruise ends? :confused:

You will be Gold (get a gold card) and get invited to the party as long as you turn Gold during that sailing. :D