Anyone with access to the most up-to-date wine lists?

Palms2Pines2Sea

Everything I can find here with a rather exhaustive search is already dated. If anyone can share a recent list, or a link to one, I would be most appreciative. Don't need the bar merchandisers, just the wine lists with offerings by the bottle. Many thanks and Happy 2015!!

Palms

[quote name='Palms2Pines2Sea']Everything I can find here with a rather exhaustive search is already dated. If anyone can share a recent list, or a link to one, I would be most appreciative. Don't need the bar merchandisers, just the wine lists with offerings by the bottle.Happy2015!Palms[/QUOTE]

We sailed Reflection over Thanksgiving, with the Classic pkg, the wines by the bottle were still very expensive, so we drank by the glass, with some satisfaction and disapointment as well. By the bottle lists were the same as you have seen, $40 and up. So, at the end, we upgraded our pkg to Premium, and sampled the better wines by the glass. It worked well, as we prefer to match each glass with the dinner course we choose.

If you are asking for the wine package lists, I assume someone will come up with those. But if you are asking for the extensive wine list you will presented when not on a package, I am not so confident anyone can respond. It's a multi-page, pleather-bound book with the usual presentation by varietal, I think regions within varietals were mixed, not segregated. I went to a loyalty member wine tasting event on Reflection in December at which one of the sommeliers offered an hour-long presentation regarding not only the feature wines, but X's cellars. According to him, X has received recognition for having the greatest breadth and depth of wines at sea. My memory is faulty, but I want to say they are in the 700s? Anyway, my point is simply that the coverage is such that you will likely be challenged to not find bottles to your liking, unless you are very particular, in which case you should at least bring aboard your first two so you aren't terribly disappointed. ... Sorry to not be more help!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Artemis, thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply. It certainly illuminates why I found images of the table tents promoting wines by the glass, and also the promotions for the 3 and 5 bottle packages, but none of the actual offerings by the bottle. If those lists are only found shipboard in some multi-page book as you describe, then it's understandable that it might only be recorded/photographed on the rarest of occasions.
The sommelier you mentioned informed you correctly: Celebrity has received some impressive accolades within the wine industry for its wine offerings. It is surprising to me that an interested party can't find said offerings anywhere on line!
I'm sure I will be pleased with the selection, yet disappointed with the pricing. A familiar theme for us wine drinkers!

But if anybody does have, or could record, even a couple of pages from a current list......many many thanks from me to you.

The wines available by the bottle on Celebrity ships are indeed pretty decent; comparable to what you would find at a high end restaurant. I don't know about you, but while I enjoy reading such lists, I seldom order anything from the upper end of the offerings. Except for special occasions, I'm looking for something that's good and affordable. I can buy a bottle of Kendall Jackson or equivalent wine for $9.97 every day at Total Wine or on line. Give me something a little better, and a bit of variety, for $13 a glass with the Premium Package, please.

From past posts on the subject, I think that the wine actually offered varies depending on ship/sailing. That is, if Celebrity actually purchase over 700 different wines, not every wine will be available on every sailing, so even if you do see a wine list it does not mean that you can expect the list on [I]your[/I] sailing to be identical.

Wines do vary by ship, with S class having a larger cellar. While the attached list is from 2013 it is pretty reflected of wines offered by Celebrity. We've also gotten to know the Cellar Master on our sailings and he or she have been able to offer us some wines no longer on the list at a good discount. If you like fine wine, as we do, I suggest you get to know the Cellar Master and ask for recommendations. We've never been disappointed and have gotten some nice discounts.

Mary Lou

ChezMaryLou, that is great info! Where does one find the Cellar Master? I guess that is a stupid question...probably in the wine bar, right? I incorrectly assumed that was a place for the uninitiated to get their flight and run. I'd like to learn the tips and tricks so I can take advantage next time! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

ChezMaryLou, thank you for the link to the wine list. We will be sailing Eclipse on 1/18 and will be upgrading to the premium pkg. once on board. It's nice to see what the possibilities are for wine, as that is my beverage of choice most of the time.

[quote]Anyone with access to the most up-to-date wine lists?[/quote]

There are lots of recent threads talking about cutbacks, dress codes, smoking, denial of shareholder credit perks etc.

Oh wait, you said wine, not whine. Never mind. :D

[quote name='cle-guy']There are lots of recent threads talking about cutbacks, dress codes, smoking, denial of shareholder credit perks etc.

Oh wait, you said wine, not whine. Never mind. :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the laugh :)

[quote name='CHEZMARYLOU']Wines do vary by ship, with S class having a larger cellar. While the attached list is from 2013 it is pretty reflected of wines offered by Celebrity. We've also gotten to know the Cellar Master on our sailings and he or she have been able to offer us some wines no longer on the list at a good discount. If you like fine wine, as we do, I suggest you get to know the Cellar Master and ask for recommendations. We've never been disappointed and have gotten some nice discounts.

Mary Lou[/QUOTE]

Mary Lou,

A million thanks! That's what I was looking for. Cheers!!

Palms

[quote name='QuakerBoy']The wines available by the bottle on Celebrity ships are indeed pretty decent; comparable to what you would find at a high end restaurant. I don't know about you, but while I enjoy reading such lists, I seldom order anything from the upper end of the offerings. Except for special occasions, I'm looking for something that's good and affordable. I can buy a bottle of Kendall Jackson or equivalent wine for $9.97 every day at Total Wine or on line. Give me something a little better, and a bit of variety, for $13 a glass with the Premium Package, please.[/QUOTE]

Agree Agree - the so called Premium Package offerings are very very ordinary - disappointing to say the least

[quote name='suzzek']ChezMaryLou, thank you for the link to the wine list. We will be sailing Eclipse on 1/18 and will be upgrading to the premium pkg. once on board. It's nice to see what the possibilities are for wine, as that is my beverage of choice most of the time.[/QUOTE]

Sadly that wine list is outdated and many offerings are now outside the Premium package limit . You will have to pay an upcharge on top of the Premium allowance for several that were included on that list. :(

On Reflection (11/15/14) I was very disappointed with the wine offering.

One should be able to get a cabernet by the Glass on a classic package. I ended up finding a trendy shiraz that was on the classic package and it was not bad. I think it was called Lights Out. I certainly would not seek it out to buy a bottle at home, but I was happy to have something I could drink with dinner.

I tried (further to suggestions I had read on CC) to engage the sommelier to see if there any wines she could recommend - but she was at all helpful. Every day, she brought me my lights out for dinner, without even wanting to see if wanted to try something else.

I believe I asked her if upgrading to premium gave me many options for cabs, and I think there was only the Celebrity offering; everything else was pay by the glass.

this was disappointing. didn't affect the enjoyment of my cruise overall; but I hope to see some improvement to the wine list when we sail Silhouette. I don't think its crazy to ask for at least one cabernet selection.