Navigator Sabor - Advance Reservation Pay in Advance?

I just got an email with a 20% off discount if we make a reservation for a specialty restaurant for the first night of our sailing. We wanted to try Sabor anyway so I logged in to make my reservation.

I picked our time but it wants me to pay up front. Is this normal? I want to use OBC for this

Yes, this is normal. You always have to pay upfront if you make dining reservations online. You can make reservations once onboard (even for the first night as long as they have openings) and it will go against your onboard account so you can use your onboard credit.

Yes, this is normal. You always have to pay upfront if you make dining reservations online. You can make reservations once onboard (even for the first night as long as they have openings) and it will go against your onboard account so you can use your onboard credit.

Crud.

I guess the $10 savings is worth it. In the slim chance we have OBC left it is all refundable.

We've never had issue getting a reservation if you go to the restaurant immediately when boarding. Unless you have a very specific time, I would think you could get in that first night (typically the slowest night for dinner in specialties, hence the discount to encourage business)