Elation upgrade offer- should I?

Indytraveler83

I have an interior room and have been offered an upgrade to an ocean view room for $30. The rooms in the offer are below the library and very near guest services. Good idea? I can tolerate some noise as long as it isn't crazy late at night (like under a club). Any quick advice would be greatly appreciated. Our interior is near the back of the ship in a quiet area, but is unfortunately far from everything.

We were on the Elation last week on the Empress deck. We had rooms E106 and E108 midship. Very quiet. I would look at a deck plan and see how far from Guest Services the room they are offering you is. There is a bar and a guy who sings all the time (and it's LOUD, nice but too loud) in the main Atrium just next to Guest Services/Shore Excursion desk. I could hear him loud and clear until I got a good 10 cabins down the hall away from the main entrance. If the room they want to switch you too is very near guest services I would think twice, or bring earplugs.

HTH

Personally I would not take E69 or E71, but I go on a cruise to relax and recharge and I like it quiet. If noise doesn't bother you and you like to stay up late I think the Atrium guy stops singing about 11 or 12. He has a gorgeous voice, but for some reason Carnival likes their music LOUD and even the guy in the Atrium was annoyingly loud to me.

If you enjoy a quiet cabin E172 or E174 would be a much better choice.

I will admit I love the Empress deck because it is so convenient to everything, so that would be a plus and the window too. But gosh the noise...

Edited by TexCrsr

We are both night owls and noise before midnight wouldn't bug us at all (unlikely to even be in the cabin by then) I told the better half about the offer and explained the pros and cons, and he said to go for it. He was very excited about being so close to the action and neither of us mind earplugs if they are necessary.

e69 and some earplugs it is! The location is too good to pass up! Thanks for the advice guys!

Those are in a great location, Empress Deck near the lobby is the best place to be on a Fantasy class ship IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Awesome! Glad to hear! What have you liked about this area on the ship? I wanted to do more research on this before pulling the trigger, but rooms were going fast (most of the Empress Deck room are now sold out, save a few in the far forward section) and I really wanted a window in the first place.

I certainly saved a lot of money taking advantage of this, prices keep going up for my sailing, and my cost for the room is well below what they are asking right now!

Glad u went for it!!! I too got an offer on the Elation from an inside to an ocean view that I couldn't pass up and went for it... from the main deck to the upper deck... and glad i did. I told them they can now call me for an upgrade from an ocean view to a suite anytime!!!! :)

Edited by PreciousCruiser

Glad u went for it!!! I too got an offer on the Elation from an inside to an ocean view that I couldn't pass up and went for it... from the main deck to the upper deck... and glad i did. I told them they can now call me for an upgrade from an ocean view to a suite anytime!!!! :)

I'd never pay the asking price for a suite on the Elation, but if they offered a free/cheap upgrade I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. Maybe we will get even luckier! I bet the suites are hard to sell! Hopeful thinking never hurts!!

Edited by Indytraveler83

Funny thing is that I almost missed it. I read all the time about calls from the upgrade fairy, but I didn't know the upgrade fairy used email too! I read on here earlier about an email offer and checked my own, sure enough I had one. Did the upgrade online without ever picking up a phone.

Point for cruise critic, woulda missed this if I didn't check this forum obsessively!!

Awesome! Glad to hear! What have you liked about this area on the ship? I wanted to do more research on this before pulling the trigger, but rooms were going fast (most of the Empress Deck room are now sold out, save a few in the far forward section) and I really wanted a window in the first place.

I certainly saved a lot of money taking advantage of this, prices keep going up for my sailing, and my cost for the room is well below what they are asking right now!

Due to the smallish size of Fantasy class ships and there are no decks of passenger cabins between promenade and lido decks, we can spend a week onboard and never use the elevators. Everything is 1-3 decks up.

Due to the smallish size of Fantasy class ships and there are no decks of passenger cabins between promenade and lido decks, we can spend a week onboard and never use the elevators. Everything is 1-3 decks up.

Thanks! I was thinking about that when I accepted the upgrade. Being a first time cruiser, I'm hoping it'll make the ship feel a little smaller and easier to navigate. At least I know I won't have problems finding my room!