In-Cabin Liquor Consumption

ADAMOFGAITHERSBURG: I see you sailed Grandeur last year, then the Mariner and now the Grandeur again. We sailed the Mariner last year and loved it. Hoping the Grandeur is just as great b/c we have another family going with us this time that has never cruised before. Grandeur isn't showing its age, is it? Care to compare and contrast the 2 ships for me? :)

Sorry, Bevo, but they are not at all similar. Anyone else want to chime in here?

Agreed! We loved the Granduer, however that was 8 years ago :D We were spoiled by cruising on the Granduer when it was a year old and then cruising on the Navigator when it was a year old. Earlier this month we were on the Monarch, we knew it was an older and much smaller ship going in, however we were so disappointed :(

Be sure to bring some air freshener just in case your cabin smells like a sewer ;)

###

Agreed! We loved the Granduer, however that was 8 years ago :D We were spoiled by cruising on the Granduer when it was a year old and then cruising on the Navigator when it was a year old. Earlier this month we were on the Monarch, we knew it was an older and much smaller ship going in, however we were so disappointed :(

Be sure to bring some air freshener just in case your cabin smells like a sewer ;)

###

Air freshener for the Monarch cabins???? We go aboard tomorrow. What else do I have to worry about.

Rick

ADAMOFGAITHERSBURG: I see you sailed Grandeur last year, then the Mariner and now the Grandeur again. We sailed the Mariner last year and loved it. Hoping the Grandeur is just as great b/c we have another family going with us this time that has never cruised before. Grandeur isn't showing its age, is it? Care to compare and contrast the 2 ships for me? :)

Hi Bev - The Grandeur has been through dry dock since we sailed on her last July - but we thought it was a beautiful ship even before dry dock. (We much preferred the artwork on the Grandeur over the Mariner - and the Centrum on the Grandeur is truly "grand".)

The Grandeur is much smaller than the Mariner - which is one of the things we like about the Grandeur - it's big enough to have plenty of activities and choices in bars, lounges, deck areas, spa facilities, entertainment, etc. But you don't have to walk your legs off to get from one place to another.

Don't get me wrong - we loved the Mariner (especially the larger cabins and the larger Viking Crown lounge and the three deck dining room) and, in fact, are thinking about trying the new Freedom of the Seas.

But the Grandeaur is just a comfortable size and we are really looking forward to returning on Friday.

But, probably our biggest attraction to the Grandeur is that it sails out of Baltimore, and that is so convenient for us - less than an hour drive from home. :)

Well, we actually are taking precautions here in Brandon. "They" are saying it could be a cat 2 when it gets HERE! We are 3 hours from New ORleans! I just really worry about the homes south of us...I am afraid its gonna be bad. I did go to Wal Mart to stock up on some basics in case the power is out for a while...and it was a MADHOUSE in there! Word is the kids will get out of school at noon tomorrow...

Thanks for asking:)

Your comments on the Grandeur are encouraging. And your #1 reason for choosing the Grandeur is the same as ours...PROXIMITY! Like I said, we are only 3 hours from New Orleans so it makes it easy, and quick.

THanks for your comments....

bev

Well, we actually are taking precautions here in Brandon. "They" are saying it could be a cat 2 when it gets HERE! We are 3 hours from New ORleans! I just really worry about the homes south of us...I am afraid its gonna be bad. I did go to Wal Mart to stock up on some basics in case the power is out for a while...and it was a MADHOUSE in there! Word is the kids will get out of school at noon tomorrow...

Thanks for asking:)

Your comments on the Grandeur are encouraging. And your #1 reason for choosing the Grandeur is the same as ours...PROXIMITY! Like I said, we are only 3 hours from New Orleans so it makes it easy, and quick.

THanks for your comments....

bev

Bev - You, and everyone in Katrina's path, are in our prayers. Good luck. Adam

Adam-thank you. I think the prayers are working b/c it seems it is not as bad as it could be on the coast...bad...but hopefully not as catastrophic as feared. LOTS of wind here now...kids are out of school so THEY are happy. ;)

Adam-thank you. I think the prayers are working b/c it seems it is not as bad as it could be on the coast...bad...but hopefully not as catastrophic as feared. LOTS of wind here now...kids are out of school so THEY are happy. ;)

So happy to hear that the news is hopeful. I'm at work and I don't have access to a tv, so it's hard to keep up with the news.

Archived