Boarding Time for Marinier of the Seas

riodog

We arrived at Port Canaveral at 11:00am and by 11:45 we were in the Windjammer eating lunch. Definitely take advantage of the on-line check in on www.rccl.com. Since we had our Set Sail pass already printed out, the boarding process was very quick and painless. The cabins usually aren't ready to enter until 1:00pm. So, when you arrive at the terminal, have the baggage people take as much stuff off your hands as possible. That way, you can explore the ship without lugging around a load of carry ons until the cabins are available.

We arrived at Port Canaveral at 11:00am and by 11:45 we were in the Windjammer eating lunch. Definitely take advantage of the on-line check in on www.rccl.com. Since we had our Set Sail pass already printed out, the boarding process was very quick and painless. The cabins usually aren't ready to enter until 1:00pm. So, when you arrive at the terminal, have the baggage people take as much stuff off your hands as possible. That way, you can explore the ship without lugging around a load of carry ons until the cabins are available.

Ditto for us.....

suzycruizy:D

Could you please tell me....did you go to port by shuttle,taxi or car?..the reason I ask is...someone told me recently that shuttles and taxis arent allowed to enter the port before 11.30am....and very curious as to how you were able to get into port so early.:D

Many thanks

Liz

We stayed at the Radisson, but did not use their shuttle. It was a zoo at the shuttle departure area Sunday morning. We called a cab to pick up at 10:30. Were on the ship by 11:15, but couldn't get in our room until 1pm.

I didn't see it, but was told there's an area near the lobby where you can check your carry-ons until the cabins are open. I'm not sure if you have to pick them up or if they are delivered to room.

BTW - we had our checked bags by 2pm.

You can't rely on getting on the ship by a certain time. Things come up there. We were there around 10:30 by shuttle from the car rental agency. We got checked in pretty rapidly. Then we just had to wait in line.....then the line started moving about 11:45.....but then we had to wait again cuz of immigration check. So it was another 1/2 hr. So I would say around noon....never heard about others that couldn't go through the gates until 11:30...

I always get to port early. Rather wait there than in a hotel. I feel I've started my vacation once I"m there.

Have fun! We're going again next yr on her...

suzycruizy:D

someone told me recently that shuttles and taxis arent allowed to enter the port before 11.30am....

Shuttles and taxis are in the port at 7:30 AM...The problem is that the porters aren't set up to take your luggage until usually around 11. I used to drive a shuttle for Hertz to Port Canaveral and would take people out there early, but I dropped them in the parking lot and they had to drag their luggage around (in the hot sun) until the porters were ready for them. I would strongly suggest that you wait until at least 11.

Archived