Thanksgiving on Glory- Eastern Caribbean- My First Review

cruisexlife

DSCF4048_zps8fdd687f.jpg

We walked away from the Glory and headed with our excursion group to a private ferry docked next to the Celebrity Reflection.

DSCF4053_zps7f85fa77.jpg

I love this picture, I don't know why.

DSCF4054_zps0dc50a7f.jpg

And we're off!!!!

DSCF4059_zpsc3b80cf7.jpg

Cruisin' through the Virgin Islands! The ride was about 45 minutes, which was sort of long, but not if you looked at the nearby sights, as I did!

DSCF4068_zpscc1a6068.jpg

Message to the owner of this house: You have stolen this from me, if you could please hand me the keys to the house, and a yacht, I won't press charges (:

DSCF4073_zps43905b42.jpg

Welcome to St.John, US Virgin Islands, CC!

DSCF4076_zpse9fa5db7.jpg

Once we backed into the small ferry harbour in St.John, we made our way to these jeep things, fitting about 12 people each.

DSCF4077_zps3810aa71.jpg

We began our drive to Trunk Bay Beach in the Virgin Islands National Park.

DSCF4078_zpse151138b.jpg

DSCF4079_zpsaffe3476.jpg

DSCF4080_zpsa09a4932.jpg

DSCF4082_zpsb86d35d0.jpg

Can't wait to invade the beach!

Next: Trunk Bay Beach, Snorkel Trails!

After a short 10 minute drive, we ended up in the parking lot to the beach.

DSCF4085_zpsc928bab0.jpg

After a quick walk, we had to get a little talk before we could get to the beach. Since we were a snorkel excursion, they had to explain to us the rules of the snorkel trails, do's and don'ts, and other safety tips before we got to the beach.

DSCF4086_zpsa6aa95cd.jpg

DSCF4087_zpsd600e4ec.jpg

I found a little space up near the palm trees with direct sunlight so mom could lay out after we snorkeled.

DSCF4088_zpsc7fe7a5b.jpg

DSCF4089_zpsf6efb12a.jpg

Oh how beautiful Trunk Bay is :D

We swam back to the beach, and hung out for about 45 minutes. It's pure bliss, with waves crashing, sun on your face, palms swaying. Such a great beach. Here are some pics that I took before we left.

DSCF4167_zps31a51626.jpg

DSCF4176_zps14a9ba55.jpg

Then, we had to leave. :( We made our way back to the people-mover things and we were off. They stopped at 2 different lookouts along the way, here is the first one.

DSCF4181_zps04020078.jpg

DSCF4180_zpsc7f21039.jpg

And the second one...

DSCF4186_zps19fe3843.jpg

Next: The Ferry Back, Departure of the Celebrity Reflection, Some Night Walking In St.Thomas

awesome review! Trunk bay is on pair with megans bay imo, so we hardly justify the longer ride to st-john now that we had done it! You took some wicked pics though enjoying it !!

Thanks so much!

I have never been to Magen's Bay, but it surely is on my list. I won't be visiting there on my cruise to St.Thomas in March, but the cruise I'm finalizing for this Thanksgiving stops in STT, and I would love to go!

DSCF4190_zpsc9482789.jpg

We were finally back at the ferry port. We got on the boat and began our 40 minute ride back to the Glory.

DSCF4194_zpsb0cb3090.jpg

Leaving St.John. We'll be back!

DSCF4199_zps98354579.jpg

I got some GREAT pics of this on my phone, but this one is pretty nice too. The Reflection was leaving St.Thomas, bound for St.Maarten (I think) and it just so happened to be pulling away as we were pulling back into St.Thomas.

DSCF4200_zps783f923c.jpg

DSCF4202_zps85b92292.jpg

DSCF4206_zpsbf9428fb.jpg

We reboarded, had a burger at Guy's, got on some street-roaming clothes, and went back out into St.Thomas for some night-time action!

DSCF4208_zps122c51fb.jpg

So we got off the ship and walked right to the Paradise Point entrance. I had really wanted to head up, and once we got there, it was about 6:05. It closed at 6 :( . We had to leave, so instead, my and I just wandered through the shops. We didn't buy anything, we just browsed.

We both have this weird thing that will not allow us to spend time on the ship while we are docked internationally. For example, we didn't get off the ship when we docked in Port Canaveral until our 3rd cruise there, and that was only because we had just spent the whole day prior in a storm! You'll notice that we stay in ports outside of the US as long as we can, and despite Puerto Rico, where I was just too tired, we were some of the first off. We cruise for the ports, so we like to spend most of our day off the ship.

Back to the review!

We reboarded around 6:35, after waiting about 10 minutes, as we had to be back on at 6:30. Since we had dinner, this was out of the picture tonight. We headed back up to our rooms to use the phone service while we still had it. Speaking of, we have Sprint, and we both used our phones for data, cell service, and texting on our days in St.Thomas and San Juan, and we had no problem with service, and our bill wasn't any higher than normal. Mom and I share a plan.

DSCF4219_zpsa9531ac7.jpg

Once we felt the thrusters move, we hung up our calls and headed to our secret deck in front of our room on Deck 6.

DSCF4226_zps0d33d190.jpg

We spun around out of the dock, and headed out towards the sea, and later, San Juan.

DSCF4229_zps7e58a13d.jpg

Once sailaway was over, we both showered, and then we went to the Taste Bar, and then listed to some music in the atrium with some drinks in our hands. Around 9, we both split, as mom was very tired after her day walking around and wanted to watch some TV, and I wanted to go to the Caribbean Deck Party. It started around 10:15. The music was loud, everyone got beads, and there were line dances. I loved the feel of the parties, pretty nice part of the vacation. I then went and had some food from the Mexican Buffet. I met some cool people at the party, and we decided to meet up in 15 minutes at the hottub under the waterslide. I went and changed, and then met them and talked for a good half hour before turning in for the night. It was about 12:15 when I decided to do so.

All in all, we really enjoyed St.Thomas. St.John was such a cool experience, and I would go back, but not on an excursion. St.John has now trumped Grand Cayman for mom, which is nice, because after just one day in St.Thomas, I have decided that I like the more mountainous and tropical places over the falt, beachy islands. On a return trip, we'd like to explore Charlotte Amalie, go to Coki Beach, go to Magen's Bay, and of course, the SkyRide.

Next: San Juan, Puerto Rico, my new favorite cruise port!

This is a good time to break for questions, as the review/cruise is now half over. Feel free to comment about anything, ask questions, I'll be happy to answer them. Thank you!

If you have any pictures of the menus, I'd love to see them or what you had for dinner. Thank you!

No, I'm sorry. have the one from formal night that I posted, but as stated above, I don't pay much attention to the menus or the food I eat. I do remember some of the menus, and I know I'll remember names, so if there's anything in particular that you'd like to know about, I can try to recall.

Sorry, food isn't my arena. Wish I could've helped you out more. :(

Before I start, I want to apologize for dragging this on. Life has been getting in the way, but I promise to be a little more committed.

I was awoken at 6:45 by my mother, saying that we docked in San Juan very early at 4AM and that she wanted to be one of the first people off to go get her ring. *Cue Flashback* So, right before our 2nd Glory cruise, I went for a run, and ended up back at home with a bone broken in 8 places, on crutches, in a cast, 3 days before flying out. I was devasted. But that's a whole different story. While I was crutching my way back to the Glory in Cozumel, I realized I lost mom. She went into a jewelry store. She was gazing into a necklace, and after talking with the salesman, she got it for a great price, and bought it. They used to sell at at the Navy base she worked at. Marahlago Larimar Dante collection. On Freedom in April, she got the earings in Grand Cayman, and this trip, she was scouting for the ring. In Nassau and St.Thomas, she couldn't find a price that she was in love with, so left empty handed. Back to present day, she was out and gone before I could object, even though I had planned on this being the crown jewel of the cruise. When I awoke later around 8:15, a note said that she'd meet me at the ship dock at 11:30. Great. So I made my way to the secret deck to take a few pics.

DSCF4230_zps1f158800.jpg

Disney Fantasy in port with us today! It was in St.Maarten the day before.

DSCF4231_zps65ab0f70.jpg

DSCF4232_zpse8c7af71.jpg

Fort. Planned on visiting, but got so caught up in El Morro and OSJ that we'll have to do it later.

DSCF4235_zpse95203b6.jpg

DSCF4234_zps3eb38ac5.jpg

I got my bathing suit on, and went to lido to grab some fruit. After, I took to the pool. How hot that PR sun is! There were 3 people lounging, and it was 9:30! The boat was empty! :eek: After being out for over an hour, I headed up to the sauna for a little. I watched at the Nieuw Amsterdam pulled it. They had spent the day in Grand Turk the day before. After the arrival was almost over, I left the sauna, and took a quick shower in the locker-room, went back to my room, and got into walking clothes. I headed to Deck 0 (always have a room in the front!) and exited the boat.

Next: Lunch in a PR Cafe, Walk to EL Morro, Beautiful OSJ

After meeting with mom, she immediately noticed my new tan. I checked the line on my pants, wow. I guess it is noticable! For San Juan, we planned a DIY day, and after our fun DIY day in Key west and Nassau, I was even more excited for San Juan.

DSCF4238_zps9288d14b.jpg

All 3 members of the San Juan crew today! PS- She got her ring, $60 cheaper than what the ship shopping "expert" told her was the absolute lowest she could get it for! :D

DSCF4239_zps8ed2afdf.jpg

We decided before the cruise that we would eat lunch off the ship in a Puerto Rican restaurant. We asked a local man, and he directed us to a place called Cafe Ochoa, which was right across the street from where we were standing.

DSCF4243_zps73d00319.jpg

We both speak spanish. Nothing to brag about, but we both remember how to say we want something, and if all fails, point. But they spoke fluent english with us, so we didn't even have to utilize our spanish.

DSCF4245_zps2bb5047b.jpg

I had a sandwitch, mom had some plantains and rice. After our 20 minute lunch break, we were on to OSJ and El Morro!

DSCF4250_zps4bb094a1.jpg

That means a lot coming from the Review King! :D Thank you! Any suggestions on how to make it better? ;)

No suggestions, as I like that everyone has their own unique style. I do prefer a larger font size, but that's just me. :)

Still loving your review!! I really want to go to St. John's....beautiful beach!! Question: What nights were your elegant nights? We are going on the Western cruise, but might be the same nights? Just trying to plan out the days.

Thanks!!

Still loving your review!! I really want to go to St. John's....beautiful beach!! Question: What nights were your elegant nights? We are going on the Western cruise, but might be the same nights? Just trying to plan out the days.

Thanks!!

I've done both, they were on Glory :o.

Eastern: Night after 1st sea day, night after Grand Turk

Western: Night after 1st sea day, night after your last port (they like to switch up the order a lot on Western Caribbean cruises I've noticed.)

Thanks for reading and have a great time!

Here are just some pics of walking to El Morro. Beautfiul scenery. I feel in lovewith this entire city. The pictures do not capture the vibe that San Juan radiates, and it was the vibe that I really came to love before leaving.

DSCF4251_zpse9fc24a4.jpg

DSCF4257_zps03d90a6d.jpg

DSCF4259_zps7f3bdd2c.jpg

DSCF4258_zpsb7d3ee97.jpg

And there it is, the almighty El Morro! :D

DSCF4262_zpsdb6b1fcf.jpg

We're here! Super excited! We were suppose to be in the Amber Palace Theater at 10:45, as we booked the Carnival excursion titled "St.John Trunk Bay Beach Break and Snorkel Trails", but I didn't want to miss our arrival. We quickly headed down, only to realize that we had to wait 20 minutes to get off. I found this absurd, why couldn't we just meet somewhere? I understand the strong desire to get everyone off the ship who has to meet an excursion, but really this was just stupid.

Did you feel that the excursion was too short? I have heard others say the time at the beach was not long enough.

I'm so loving your review. I will be on exact itinerary in March.

1-My plan for PR is to hit a beach close by and then have an authentic meal. Do you know if there is public transportation that will take you to beach areas near or at port?

2- Thinking about St. Johns. Do you really need to book this as an excursion or can you get there on your own using same mode of transportation. Are there some additional perks or benefit by using Carnival.

Edited by gizmo911