Thanksgiving on Glory- Eastern Caribbean- My First Review

cruisexlife

As a fellow reviewer and one who's taken this similar itinerary (on Liberty), I thoroughly enjoyed your review. I also leave for Glory in under three weeks so this review is helping me bide my time.

I may have to read it again! Great job.

Wow, this means a lot. I never thought the review would get this many positive comments, it really was worth it! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I really hope you have the best cruise yet, I will be on the lookout for your review ;)

Thanks again! :D

Thank you for the review! Our upcoming Glory cruise (NEXT MONTH!!!) is one of her short ones, only 4 nights, going to Key West and Cozumel. But we HAD to get away and this worked with our schedules plus we're dying to try Guy's and Blue Iguana.

Anyway, it was good to see you from afar (from the Fantasy in SJ). I hope that you do try another review for your Liberty cruise, because we're doing that one in June, except on Royal. We're all about the ports for that one and decided to finally try them out. Our overlap with you is Barbados, St Maarten and St Lucia.

Sorry for the long post. Bottom line-great review and please do another!! :)

Thank you for the review! Our upcoming Glory cruise (NEXT MONTH!!!) is one of her short ones, only 4 nights, going to Key West and Cozumel. But we HAD to get away and this worked with our schedules plus we're dying to try Guy's and Blue Iguana.

Anyway, it was good to see you from afar (from the Fantasy in SJ). I hope that you do try another review for your Liberty cruise, because we're doing that one in June, except on Royal. We're all about the ports for that one and decided to finally try them out. Our overlap with you is Barbados, St Maarten and St Lucia.

Sorry for the long post. Bottom line-great review and please do another!! :)

I'm not cruising in June, but it's great to know that you'll be on a cruise then! Also, it's good hearing from people who I docked with, many were on the Fantasy!

Glory is sure to please no matter how long you're on her for ;)

Thanks so much, and expect another review for my Liberty (and now Enchantment, gotta add it to my signature, plus a cruise in November) this year! :D

Thanks for the great review, especially all those pictures. We're mulling over an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Glory or a Southern route on the Liberty for our first cruise. All this info was very helpful!

Wow. While I haven't not done the Liberty or that route, I am booked on it for March 2015. So I cannot wait to write that review. But thanks so much for following, and happy cruising!

• 2 weeks later...
Very excited to see the rest of your review. We just booked the Glory for April 18th. Almost the same itinerary except we are going to HMC. We have never been to any of these ports or on this ship so we are really looking forward to it.

I'm on the same April 18th cruise as well:)

I just realized you finished your review and I've just now finished reading. I know reviews take time and work so I really appreciate you taking the time to do it. I really enjoyed it. I commented earlier that I'd been on Glory with almost the same itinerary and I wasn't reading for information or cruising tips. I always enjoy reviews not only for itineraries/ships we're considering or have upcoming cruises on but also itineraries/ships we've been on before to "relive" and also get ideas for the "next time", whenever that may be. And especially this time of year when winter seems it will never end.

I also noticed at the end of your review that you'll be going on Liberty on the southern sailing out of San Juan. That is, by far, our all-time favorite itinerary. We did the same itinerary on Valor in May 2013 and the scenery is so spectacular. I would love to do this itinerary again. Oh, we were also on Liberty for a western Caribbean cruise last April and Liberty IS a beautiful ship. I love every ship we've been on and will be partial to them, but I have to admit that Liberty is the winner in decor. Another thing I noticed is that you're planning on doing a review of that cruise...I'll definitely follow and am looking forward to it. I hope you enjoy cruising ut of San Juan on the southern itinerary as much as we did.

Edited by pghsteelerfan
Fix a sentence that didn't make sense...oops!

I just realized you finished your review and I've just now finished reading. I know reviews take time and work so I really appreciate you taking the time to do it. I really enjoyed it. I commented earlier that I'd been on Glory with almost the same itinerary and I wasn't reading for information or cruising tips. I always enjoy reviews not only for itineraries/ships we're considering or have upcoming cruises on but also itineraries/ships we've been on before to "relive" and also get ideas for the "next time", whenever that may be. And especially this time of year when winter seems it will never end.

I also noticed at the end of your review that you'll be going on Liberty on the southern sailing out of San Juan. That is, by far, our all-time favorite itinerary. We did the same itinerary on Valor in May 2013 and the scenery is so spectacular. I would love to do this itinerary again. Oh, we were also on Liberty for a western Caribbean cruise last April and Liberty IS a beautiful ship. I love every ship we've been on and will be partial to them, but I have to admit that Liberty is the winner in decor. Another thing I noticed is that you're planning on doing a review of that cruise...I'll definitely follow and am looking forward to it. I hope you enjoy cruising ut of San Juan on the southern itinerary as much as we did.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

I too am exciting, the Liberty is beautiful, and based on what I see in the islands, I can see that I will enjoy this cruise. 31 days!!

Thanks so much for reading and the kind words! :D

• 4 months later...
Getting to Our Room

My favorite type of room is interior. Least amount of motion, more flexibility in your ship location, and the cheapest option. But mom likes being able to not feel like she's in a cave, so eventually we compromised on the 4J's, and we loved them. This trip, we landed 6201. We were FTTF so we had our room early!

06-DSCN0282_zps7d39ee05.jpg

The beds were pushed together, but we asked our room steward, that was one of our 3 sights of him, to separate them, and after lunch, they were separated.

07-DSCN0283_zps43024f42.jpg

08-DSCN0284_zps0e136dc2.jpg

The shower was a mess, I'll explain later ;)

I have always loved the secret decks, so here was ours, featuring the MSC Divina!

09-DSCN0285_zpsf9bd98a7.jpg

Next: Lunch, Ship Walking! Stay tuned!

I am getting ready to book the Glory for a 2016 cruise and plan on trying a 4j cabin. Deck 6 and 7 are available and I have read the the 4j's on deck 6 are slightly bigger. I was wondering if you had any noise in your cabin or have any recommendations which 4j to choose (I will be booking two cabins). Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
I am getting ready to book the Glory for a 2016 cruise and plan on trying a 4j cabin. Deck 6 and 7 are available and I have read the the 4j's on deck 6 are slightly bigger. I was wondering if you had any noise in your cabin or have any recommendations which 4j to choose (I will be booking two cabins). Thank you!

Hello!

I experienced no cabin noise in my 4J. I would recommend booking any 4J on any deck, except for the handicap ones. Carnival has the right to change your room last minute, so I wouldn't want to see you lose the room. I prefer them on the 7th deck, but 6 was very fine.

Have a great cruise!

Hello!

I experienced no cabin noise in my 4J. I would recommend booking any 4J on any deck, except for the handicap ones. Carnival has the right to change your room last minute, so I wouldn't want to see you lose the room. I prefer them on the 7th deck, but 6 was very fine.

Have a great cruise!

Thank you! I booked 6201 & 6203 - anxious to try these cabins.

What's Next: So, on the day of the Valor and Liberty swap, my mom happened to call me. I explained the situation in a small-talk way. She and I both have always wanted to do the new Liberty route, and she knew it.

So time went by as I waited for this cruise. It passed, and then it was my birthday, and then Christmas with my family. Want to know what her present was? :D

She booked it that nght while the prices were dirt cheap. They still are. She knew I'd want it's first cruise from SJU. That was seriously the best present anyone ever gave me. Flights and cruise, 4J on Deck 9 :D. She had to tell everyone on Glory not to mention it at all, as it was a present for me. So on March 29th, I'll be boardinf the Carnival Liberty on a cruise with 4 new ports! Gahhh!!!

Closing: So I just want to thank everyone who read this review, whether it was in segments, or the entire thing. I took a lot of time to write it, and I'm really glad things turned out okay. I will try to be more on top of my game next time with faster replies and better pictures. I will also take a journal to remmeber key details, as I feel I forgot many. I will also ask before the cruise what you all want me to look out for and take pictures of. But please, DON'T BE SHY! If you hated the review, LET ME KNOW, so I know what to fix for my next one. If you loved it, TELL ME WHY! I really value your opinions, as it was written for you guys ;)

I had such a fun time writing this review, and I want to thank everyone again. I hope I helped plan port days and allowed you the opportunity to cruise vicariously through my adventures. I really hope you enjoyed this read, be out for the next one!

Happy Cruising to You All! :D

Thanks so much! I thought the review was great! Looking forward to sailing on the Glory in Oct. I will be sailing the same ports, except w/ HMC. I actually did these ports last Sept on the Conquest. We booked the Glory because we wanted to return to HMC. :D:rolleyes:

Thanks so much! I thought the review was great! Looking forward to sailing on the Glory in Oct. I will be sailing the same ports, except w/ HMC. I actually did these ports last Sept on the Conquest. We booked the Glory because we wanted to return to HMC. :D:rolleyes:

I'm glad you enjoyed the review! I hope you love your cruise and have a great time in Half Moon Cay! :D

• 4 months later...
I found this review through your signature when reading your Carnival Splendor review. Excellent job! I'm looking at a cruise on the Glory and your review was helpful.

Thank you for looking! I hope you find a cruise that you like and book, Glory is a great ship!