Book now to save room & cancel, rebook onboard later for more OBC?

LzyCruiser_NWA

We are debating on a back to back on the equinox for europe 2016.and we have found a room that we really liked.

With the current 123 promo & reduced deposit it seems sweet to book now but the main hold back is that we have a cruise with celebrity coming up in march.

That's a little 2 months from now.

Onto the question, is it possible to book now then should 123 GO is still happening during our cruise in march, cancel and get the sameroom while on the ship to get the additional OBC?

Are you planning to book CC or above to get the All-inclusive? If so, I would book this week for the reduced deposit of $25 per person, then see what happens. We booked on Sunday to make sure we'd get the all-inclusive in 2017 and to preserve the price. Since we now know the same offer will be available when we board, I'll ask the on board booking agent to do a combine and give us the book on board OBC. If they won't, I'll text my TA, cancel the one I have, then book on board back into the same cabin.

If you just want a balcony, I would wait. The standard 123GO evergreen offer on the ship should still be there.

Are you planning to book CC or above to get the All-inclusive? If so, I would book this week for the reduced deposit of $25 per person, then see what happens. We booked on Sunday to make sure we'd get the all-inclusive in 2017 and to preserve the price. Since we now know the same offer will be available when we board, I'll ask the on board booking agent to do a combine and give us the book on board OBC. If they won't, I'll text my TA, cancel the one I have, then book on board back into the same cabin.

If you just want a balcony, I would wait. The standard 123GO evergreen offer on the ship should still be there.

Yep we got our eyes on a concierge class cabin to get all the perks for europe 2016. I'll have my phone with me so I should be able to cancel if needed.

I rebooked a cruise on board to get the OBC and just picked any cabin in the same category as the one I had already selected. Because it was with a TA I now had two bookings for the same cruise. When I got home, my TA did a 3 way call with Celebrity and then when my TA cxld my original booking, Celebrity grabbed my original preferred cabin for the new booking. Worked perfectly. If your original booking is with X (not a TA) it is much easier to cxl and rebook on board.

I rebooked a cruise on board to get the OBC and just picked any cabin in the same category as the one I had already selected. Because it was with a TA I now had two bookings for the same cruise. When I got home, my TA did a 3 way call with Celebrity and then when my TA cxld my original booking, Celebrity grabbed my original preferred cabin for the new booking. Worked perfectly. If your original booking is with X (not a TA) it is much easier to cxl and rebook on board.

Great thanks, good to know that they will do this so that we can get the additional OBC, I'll be booking the original sailings with X.