Carnival Magic in Nassau, Bahamas (Video) with Quantum & Breakaway

DEIx15x8

Hello again, I rarely pop over to this section of the boards, but after every cruise I always post all my photos and videos online. As a ship fan that normally includes many ships beyond what I'm on so I like to share those with their respective communities.

While on the Quantum of the Seas inaugural we were in Nassau, Bahamas with the Carnival Magic and the Norwegian Breakaway. This was a huge day for the industry as it was the first time these three "greatest" designs were together.

The Quantum was the last to arrive at 1PM but we were still there when the Carnival Magic left just as the sun was finishing setting and it was beautiful. I am not the biggest fan of Carnival's Destiny class design and the ones based off of it, but in the darkness all lit up she looked beautiful. The newer ships including the Breakaway and Quantum just don't light up the same way.

As a bonus in the morning before we reached Nassau we also passed the Carnival Ecstasy so you'll see her as well.

I hope you all enjoy the video and pictures!

[YOUTUBE]biDHP_1fFMY[/YOUTUBE]

Photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/115365916503583655211/QuantumOfTheSeasNovember272014NassauBahamas

DSC05694.JPG

DSC05790.JPG

DSC05817.JPG

DSC05839.JPG

DSC05911.JPG

DSC05915.JPG

A drag race would've been cool.:eek:

That would be cool. If Wikipedia is correct the Carnival Magic would win at 22.5 knotts, followed by Quantum at 22 knotts, and last would be Breakaway at 21.5 knotts.

It's not often ships sail parallel for some reason. It's most common with fleet-mates, but we had a chance with the Adventure of the Seas leaving St. Maarten and they chose not to. Only time I've experienced it was on the Oasis of the Seas with the Navigator of the Seas in January 2010.