Time limit on transferring to online agency?

din2play2

Hi - In July I had booked on Gem through NCL for April 2015 cruise. Now I was wondering if I can transfer with an online agency, who was cheaper. I called NCL they said I could since it is not paid in full and have more than 60 days before sail date and also that they are "paired", (I believe thats what she called it) with the agency. She was very helpful, walked me through getting the transfer paper, told me how to fill it out and where to fax it to. 5 minutes later, I called NCL back with a question and a different rep tells me NO I can't transfer because i am 60 days past the original booking.

Was wondering if anyone else had tried to transfer their booking - is it 60 days after booking or 60 days prior to sail date?

I know I could cancel and then book with online agency but I don't want to lose my aft facing cabin on deck 10 :(

It is 60 days from the date of booking, as long as only the deposit is required. I was in the same boat (no pun intended) as you are currently, but for the next cruise DW and I have on BA. We are in The Haven, in one of the owners suites. I booked it using a promo, and waited too long to transfer it. I felt terrible, because my fabulous TA lost the booking credit and commission.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I didn't see this on the FAQs:

If you wait at least 15 days from making a reservation with an NCL PCC, but are still within the 60 days from original booking, it's a "win-win".

The PCC still gets full "credit" (however they are measured) AND you can get whatever perks the Travel Agent would be offering, in addition to whatever perks you originally have (assuming you are not making any changes to the reservation itself).

GeezerCouple