When did you book?

We booked June 2014 for February 22, 2015. We made contact with carnival and the cruise was decided by what was available for the embarkation wedding package. We knew we wanted the embarkation, time to celebrate big. Once we booked, I worked on the save the dates and sent them out so people could book if they wanted to (or attests inquire about pricing). We sent the formal invitations out in October with the RSVPD date of January 5th. We did the passport invitations so it gave people more information about the cruise. We had a few people book after receiving the invitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'd been on the Sensation before and knew it would be perfect for a weekend getaway for our family and friends.

We were engaged 8/4/14 and booked the cruise within a few weeks. Of course I called the wedding department first to confirm availability and as soon as I sent them my cruise reservation we secured the package and the DJ. Save the dates went out by the first week of October with our website information and we added all guests to a group on the "book of faces".

Our wedding is on 6/11/15 and all guests (sailing or not) have a deadline to submit their reservations and info to me by April 1 - really there's a little more wiggle room there but I wanted a secure date so I could pressure the stragglers!

Our guests were asked to RSVP on the save the date since there is so much advance planning. So once April rolls around we will know who to send the formal invitations to.

We booked as soon as the cruise was available. We knew which cruise we wanted to go on and watched the website like a hawk waiting for it to be available. Our wedding is not booked through the cruise line. We did everything as soon as we could, so in June '14 we booked the cruise, set the date, booked the wedding, and sent out STD cards (for our August '15 wedding). We have a large number of friends and family going with us so we wanted to be sure they had plenty of time to decide and plan for the cruise. We are not sending formal invitations. We decided (for us) it was an added, unnecessary expense.

Good luck!

For our January 2013 wedding...

September 2011: We deposited on our cabin (and a chunk of our guests) and booked our wedding package the same day. Carnival Weddings held the date for six hours and our sailing had just become available.

September/October 2011: We sent our Save the Dates later that month, but only to our close friends and family, so that no one was offended when we had to start making cuts.

February 2012: We scheduled our wedding tour for March 2012 (nine months before the wedding) and figured out that we didn't want an embarkation wedding after doing the tour. We cancelled our embarkation wedding later that week and rescheduled it as a symbolic ceremony at-sea [vow renewal package]. Our guests were all sailing, so this made for a much more relaxed embarkation.

June 2012: Sent our official invitations. We sent them to anyone who got a STD (even if they said they couldn't come) as a courtesy and an additional group of people. Two of our friends decided that they wanted to come after getting our invitation and we were able to book them together.

I booked our cruise first in October. Then booked the wedding package on the phone with Carnival a few days later. I sent out invites mid November so that people can book early, if they wish. RSVP by Feb 2015. I chose the time to celebrate package.