Does Carnival Dream have a pasta bar? Burrito bar?

I was a little disappointed to discover that The Dream does not have a Guy's Burger Joint on it. Been wanting to try those burgers that everyone goes on and on about...

But I seem to remember something about a pasta bar or a burrito bar?:)

Is this true? And if so, what can you tell me about them. Last few cruises we burned out a little on the usual offerings. Not complaining, just would like to try something new~~

I was a little disappointed to discover that The Dream does not have a Guy's Burger Joint on it. Been wanting to try those burgers that everyone goes on and on about...

But I seem to remember something about a pasta bar or a burrito bar?:)

Is this true? And if so, what can you tell me about them. Last few cruises we burned out a little on the usual offerings. Not complaining, just would like to try something new~~

Yes, the ship has a pasta and burrito bar.

Both are good and give you options on what you want to choose. If you make a good combination you will probably enjoy the meal.

I wrote a review on my blog from my cruise last year on the Dream. If you want to see some pasta bar photos I included some. Click the link below and you will see "Cruise Review & Photos By Day". Click on Day 1 Part 1 for some Pasta Bar photos.

http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-dream-7day-bahamas-cruise-review-2014.html

EDIT: Here is a direct link to Day 1 Part 1. http://www.embarkandaway.com/day-1-new-orleans-part-1.html The Pasta Bar photos are not too far from the top.

Edited by thecruiserofships

Just to be clear, they have those offerings in the lido buffet area. But the Dream does not have the cucina del capitano, so no pasta bar up there at lunch, nor does it have the Blue Iguana cantina, which also serves burritos. Since you were asking about Guy's burgers, I wanted to make sure you weren't looking for those specialty food areas also.

The pasta bar is one level up from the rear of the Lido buffet. There was a sign with an arrow when Dream was in Pt Canaveral, but I don't know if it's still there.

The burrito bar is also at the rear of the Lido buffet. It is right smack in the middle of the buffet itself, but it was roped off and was quite busy at lunch.

Just to be clear, they have those offerings in the lido buffet area. But the Dream does not have the cucina del capitano, so no pasta bar up there at lunch, nor does it have the Blue Iguana cantina, which also serves burritos. Since you were asking about Guy's burgers, I wanted to make sure you weren't looking for those specialty food areas also.

Pasta bar is there for lunch. Nothing for dinner, but you can still go and get the same pasta as you can in the Cucina del Capitano for lunch. I did miss the veal parm for dinner last year, that was a treat.

The Dream absolutely does have the pasta bar there for lunch. 3 trips on the Dream from me can confirm that. It just doesn't become the extra-pay restaurant for dinner. The burrito bar is good. Same thing that Blue Iguana cantina has in that regard, but no breakfast burritos & no alternate taco options (that I noticed).

Dream doesn't have Guys burgers, but it does still have burgers. While some people do go on and on about Guys, more people have said that it is quite overrated. They are good, and better than the non-Guys burgers, but not by much. You're not really missing much. And the great thing is that Dream will be serving up their burgers much later into the evening, plus it will be serving up more than just burgers. So ships with Guys and the lizard cantina have no food but pizza later in the evening. But Dream will have burgers, sandwiches, and more, plus the pizza, late in the evening.

When we were on the Dream in 2011, it had the pasta bar, and that was by far our favorite venue! When I looked recently though, it did not come up as being on the Dream now. I used the carnival.com feature of which ship has this...

Burrito bar was very good. You have to really look for it as it's pretty small and wedged in between two other food lines. As I recall it did chicken, beef, and shrimp. All were excellent. I saw several people get in line with bowls and skip the tortilla doing a "salad" bowl.