Drink package questions

Was the price for your package prorated for the last 4 days?

The Premium drink pkg was $49USD per day, had to purchase for minimum of last four days. Pkg includes: beer, premium spirits, wine up to $12 per glass, frozen cocktails, non-alcoholic cocktails, bottled water, fountain soda (insulated cup provided). As I indicated earlier, there is no time limit between drinks, however can only be served one at a time. Indy doesn't have the Freestyle drink machines. There is indepth info on the various drink packages available on RCI's website. Looking forward to our Southern Carib cruise in May - makes this frigid winter weather ALMOST bearable :)

Happy Cruising!

Since your only drinking a soda a day then why not forgo the soda package and buy the one soda. Wouldn't that be cheaper?

Your correct, but the lady that I was replying to was telling me that we should have followed the rules and spent 3 times the money for nothing. Also never really know how much your going to drink on your trip the very first day. I was simply replying the topic's question then you all seem to team up and ridicule? Not understanding everyone's motive here.

Your correct, but the lady that I was replying to was telling me that we should have followed the rules and spent 3 times the money for nothing. Also never really know how much your going to drink on your trip the very first day. I was simply replying the topic's question then you all seem to team up and ridicule? Not understanding everyone's motive here.

I don't believe any of us have a hidden agenda or motive, and surely not to ridicule. The OP asked what happens if someone shares one beverage package. Folks were sharing RCL's rules.

As written, your initial post inferred that everyone in the cabin used the one card when a beverage was wanted. That's what struck a nerve - at least with me.

I don't believe I told you to buy the other cards - I just said sharing is cheating.

I can understand your not wanting to purchase additional cards for the rest of your group at $50 each (which is the price of the soda pkg+ gratuity for a seven day cruise) - if the others aren't big soda drinkers. And I applaud you taking good care of your mom! Truly!

However, it does "cheats the system" if you purchase even one beverage for someone other than yourself. Because the system for beverage packages is set up for individual use.

DH gets the Premium Pkg and I get the Royal Replenish Pkg. If I want an alcoholic drink, I use my SeaPass card and pay for it. I would never ask him to use his card for me.

happy cruiser1234 offered the perfect solution. At one soda a day you aren't getting your money's worth on the purchase of even one soda package. Much cheaper to pay as you order.

Safe Sailing ~

Alright I don't think your post berating my family and I was necessary. Not sure how we are "cheating the system" but let me explain since you felt the need to make me the bad guy. Since I only drink about a soda a day(dinner time) and me being the only one to do so, why would we buy 3 more soda cards for $60 when I'm the only person in my family that even uses one? What I meant by "using as needed" is if my mother ever felt like a diet coke during our trip which happened twice, I went and got her one.

Thank you for the lecture though!! Appreciate it

DH and I are cruising in May and I debated getting one premium and one ultimate package because he drinks specialty coffee and I don't but I drink sparkling water and he doesn't. I decided just to go ahead with two ultimate packages because I'd rather not feel like I am abusing it if he uses my card to get specialty coffees. It isn't worth the hassle either having to give him my card or going to buy for him. I just feel if too many people do what you mention the prices will go higher and higher or they may get rid of packages all together.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't believe any of us have a hidden agenda or motive, and surely not to ridicule. The OP asked what happens if someone shares one beverage package. Folks were sharing RCL's rules.

As written, your initial post inferred that everyone in the cabin used the one card when a beverage was wanted. That's what struck a nerve - at least with me.

I don't believe I told you to buy the other cards - I just said sharing is cheating.

I can understand your not wanting to purchase additional cards for the rest of your group at $50 each (which is the price of the soda pkg+ gratuity for a seven day cruise) - if the others aren't big soda drinkers. And I applaud you taking good care of your mom! Truly!

However, it does "cheats the system" if you purchase even one beverage for someone other than yourself. Because the system for beverage packages is set up for individual use.

DH gets the Premium Pkg and I get the Royal Replenish Pkg. If I want an alcoholic drink, I use my SeaPass card and pay for it. I would never ask him to use his card for me.

happy cruiser1234 offered the perfect solution. At one soda a day you aren't getting your money's worth on the purchase of even one soda package. Much cheaper to pay as you order.

Safe Sailing ~

Well said.

I am planning on bringing two bottles of wine on my cruise in August. Am I allowed to bring a wine opener? If you bring the wine to dinner do they charge a corkage fee to open it?

I am not a big drinker so the drink package wouldn't work for me but do want to relax.:D

I am planning on bringing two bottles of wine on my cruise in August. Am I allowed to bring a wine opener? If you bring the wine to dinner do they charge a corkage fee to open it?

I am not a big drinker so the drink package wouldn't work for me but do want to relax.:D

I'd advised against a corkscrew with a knife attached if it's in your carryon and your flying. Your cabin steward can get you one. RCI did away with the corkage fee a few months ago.

Edited by Johnamac123

I'd advised against a corkscrew with a knife attached if it's in your carryon and your flying. Your cabin steward can get you one. RCI did away with the corkage fee a few months ago.

That's good to know. In the past all the lines charged a corkage fee if you brought your bottle to the dining room. It was / is perfectly acceptable as well to ask your steward to bring wine glasses to your room - uncork, pour your wine, and head to dinner - or lounge - or wherever.

My favorite wine cork for travel is actually a RCCL line I received many, many years ago on a RCL cruise - It might have been waiting in my cabin - don't remember.

Enjoy!!

We bring corkscrews in our checked bags every time. As mentioned above, we do not bring the type that has a knife.

No, she was telling you that you should have followed the rules and used the soda package only for yourself. That is a very clear and unambiguous rule. Soda/other drinks for any other person must be purchased individually.

Both people in the stateroom no longer have to buy any package.

To clarify, are you saying I can use my husband's seapass to purchase a drink on his drink package? We will be on the Serenade again for the April 4th sailing. When we were on her in February, we purchased separate packages and have done so again. Should we have only purchased one?

To clarify, are you saying I can use my husband's seapass to purchase a drink on his drink package? We will be on the Serenade again for the April 4th sailing. When we were on her in February, we purchased separate packages and have done so again. Should we have only purchased one?

No. If your husband purchases a drink card and you don't, you have to pay for all of your drinks.

You purchased correctly :) Bob is referencing the old rule where if one person wanted a package both had to buy it - great if you are 'equal' drinkers but not if there is a disparity. In my case DH doesn't drink, so it wouldn't make sense for us both to get packages. With the new rule I can get a package and DH can just have soda.

Sharing is strictly forbidden. It's not only cheating the system to share - but the other passengers who have shelled out the bucks adhering to the rules. it basically says that rules don't apply to you or your family. What message does that send ??

And if it's OK to cheat on something as trivial as a drink / soda.....what's next?

It's not actually cheating, it's stealing. Taking something you did not pay for. Theft is committed often by deceit. Such as a person getting a drink (or refill) and giving it to another person.

It's not actually cheating, it's stealing. Taking something you did not pay for. Theft is committed often by deceit. Such as a person getting a drink (or refill) and giving it to another person.

Kind of beating a dead horse here. Already got the message from a few. Won't happen again.

We were on NOS in August. My DH purchased the Ultimate pkg and I had the RR because I am not a big drinker and knew I would not get my $$ worth . Each night at dinner, I would order a drink or wine with dinner- fully expecting to be charged for the alcoholic beverage. We gave them both our Sea Pass cards and never once did she charge us . We did always tip her each night . She placed it under my DH account each time so I am not sure the 15-20 time frame is a timed event because we both had drinks at the same time during dinner We had great service with all the bar staff . The vast majority of the servers went above and beyond each time. We are crusing in Feb again on NOS but decided this time to both just get the RR package because overall it was a break even point for him. That being said- since it was our first cruise - we didnt know what to expect and it was nice knowing that there wasnt going to be a bill for alcohol at the end.

I have just gotten off of two different cruises in the past month and on both I was told there is a 15 minute waiting period between drinks. I have never had it enforced as i have never been drunk on board, however i have witnessed where a bartender refused to serve someone who was pretty drunk and made them wait 15 minutes between drinks.

I have just gotten off of two different cruises in the past month and on both I was told there is a 15 minute waiting period between drinks. I have never had it enforced as i have never been drunk on board, however i have witnessed where a bartender refused to serve someone who was pretty drunk and made them wait 15 minutes between drinks.

And he's going to sober up every 15 minutes between drinks. :rolleyes: