Cruising to Japan, China, Vietnam in September 2015

Sailaway John

Hi All Fellow CCers,

Cruising to Japan, China, Vietnam in September 2015. Never been on a cruise to that part of the world, so if you have, please let me know what you thought of the cruise.

What I would like to know the dress regulations in Japan when on tour? Is is like anywhere else when its warm weather . . . shorts, shirt, etc.

Any other hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

We did this same cruise only in October of this year. Please for temples, no shorts, no tank tops, respectful dess. Also hopefully, your weather will

be better. We had two typhoons to deal with. Changed up ports(lack of them on one cruise segment) and late start day late on the second one.

The weather is whatever it is. Over all the cruise was great. Loved the

ship, the noodle bar in the Lido lunch and dinner. Also the green tea

soft served ice cream. Tea selections were great. This is a great cruise.

We took the Singapore to Japan cruise several years back on OCEAN PRINCESS. One of our best ever. Vietnam is wonderful - the people, food, and hospitality. We used ship's tours at every port, and they were all top notch. Hong Kong also great. Hope you have an equally 5 star experience.

We went to Asia in 2009...Japan, Russia, Korea, & China. We wandered everywhere in blue jeans. If you go to Qingdao China there is a little alley with a bronze statue at the end. There are dozens of food stalls. Do as we did & they will love you forever...buy some food and eat it. I think we were the only passengers who actually ate something. The others just stared. There was a big black kettle at the far end with a chef in tall white hat. We ordered the lamb skewers (it was the only thing I could pronounce from the guidebook I'd brought) & the chef sat us down & treated us like kings, he was so proud we had selected him. The book advised to select only at stalls with lines; the food there is good; the empty-of-customer stalls are not as good.

If you bring your camera in Japan the people will be smiling along with you.

Steve