Another PCC bites the dust!

B4andAFT

How long do PCCs usually stay in their positions? It seems like every year my PCC gets promoted, and I have to start with another one. I have been so fortunate to have some great ones over the past few years. I'm thrilled for them, but I wish they could give us a heads up when they are about to move on. Does anyone know why they can't/don't? :confused:

How long do PCCs usually stay in their positions? It seems like every year my PCC gets promoted, and I have to start with another one. I have been so fortunate to have some great ones over the past few years. I'm thrilled for them, but I wish they could give us a heads up when they are about to move on. Does anyone know why they can't/don't? :confused:

In so many companies today, people move around, new jobs, re-org, etc.

Then, there are people that never stay in a job very long. The old rule used to be never, ever change jobs for at least two years, and then only to step up. These days, people in entry level jobs move along often.

For just about every reason I can think of for a PCC to move up, over or out, there would be very little notice. Here today, gone tomorrow.

I lost mine that I had worked with for years just after final payment on a booking. Had to find someone else to add my sister-in-law to a booking. Getting ready to schedule another cruise and really not sure what to do.

I've received some suggestions on other PCCs. Have also had the PCC of the week that they assign me calling to tell me about the specials everytime I hit the website. Also considering booking with the big warehouse club we all know.

Thank you so much for the replies. I lost my last PCC right after final payment as well. I tried calling him the other day to book our Bermuda cruise but had to leave a message. When I hadn't heard back from him after a couple of days, I called again. Same thing happened. The third time I called I didn't enter his Extension # and just spoke to the fellow that answered. I was told that my PCC was on vacation, that he would be in on Sunday, and since "they were on the same team" he could help me with the reservation. Well, my PCC never called. Found out he was promoted to a job with The Pride of America when I received n NCL call from yet another random PCC. I guess that's just the way this business is nowadays. I'm a little bummed, but will survive for sure. :D:D:D:D

Had a great PCC for years, he knew what we liked and would call every few months just to check in and give me a heads up on what deals were coming up. We were even FB friends. Went on a cruise October 2013 and spoke to him a few days before we left. Told me we'd be in touch when I got back, we always book right after for the next cruise. When I got back, he was gone, his FB deleted like he fell off the face of the earth. My new guy is terrible and I now book through TA's. I miss Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My guy told me he was taking some classes in house / then gone . :confused:

Our first cruise with NCL was in 2011, and since then (and 4 more cruises) I've lost track of how many PCCs have come and gone. I would love to have someone who is sticking around with NCL and who I could say, "Hey, I'm looking for a cruise to___ in ____ cabin category, and I would love to have _____ amenities - please keep me posted!" I'm tempted to find a good travel agency, but I like being able to talk to NCL myself.

We've had the same great PCC for over 5 years now and couldn't be happier! He knows which suites we like and always does what he can to make sure we get all of the promos that we can! He's incredibly responsive (even at 8 PM last night!) via email. Wouldn't trade him for anything?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've had the same great PCC for over 5 years now and couldn't be happier! He knows which suites we like and always does what he can to make sure we get all of the promos that we can! He's incredibly responsive (even at 8 PM last night!) via email. Wouldn't trade him for anything!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've had several different PCCs contact us over the years. Sometimes they claim to be our PCC or new PCC when sending business card-filled company greeting cards, or send e-mails, or call on the phone.

We continue to get e-mails from one PCC, even though one or two other PCCs have since sent their business cards to us in the mail.

Due to so many people claiming to be our PCC, I prefer not to use any of them. Between the confusion of who is officially our consultant and concern about giving out our information to too many people, it just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Plus, if I call consultant A, then B and/or C could get their feathers ruffled by not getting the booking. I don't need or want to play the einy meiny miney moe game. Also, I don't want to go through a list of names until I stumble upon one of them that is still employed with the cruise line when I'm wanting to book my vacation. I have other things on my mind at that time - like correctly giving my chosen dates, cabin category, prices, names, etc.

We've used a PCC for one or two of our sailings. It went fine, but didn't seem necessary as our bookings are low $ and low maintenance, so our bookings haven't been - and wouldn't be - worth the hassle, time, and cost for a PCC to spend on us and it wouldn't be worth the hassle and time for us to figure out the confusing PCC situation.

We've had the same great PCC for over 5 years now and couldn't be happier!

I loved my first guy too. I was sad to see him move on, but he got a promotion - so overall, it is most appropriate to be happy for him.

Our "new" guy has been with us for almost 2 years and he is awesome too. I like having one person to approach with questions/concerns/requests. If/when he moves up or on, I will definitely be sad.