Splendor's Spa

pirate4me2

Hi everyone!

DH and I will be sailing on Splendor in October, and I have been considering purchasing a week long spa pass for this trip. I have never used any of the spas on any ships we have sailed, so I am looking for advice from those that have used Splendor's spa. Would it be worth it to purchase a spa pass? What is included when you purchase one? How much is a spa pass for the week? I tried to look it up on Carnival's website, but I didn't see it mentioned. Thanks for any advice you can give!

Hi Pirate4me2 :)

My wife & I only used the spa for one day (daily pass) during our last voyage aboard the Splendor.

We enjoyed it very much. Especially the Thalassotherapy pool.

I have read that sometimes they do not sell daily passes.

I wanted to drop you this helpful link packed with Cloud 9 Spa info. (below)

Cloud 9 Spa info located @:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/DR_Cloud9Spa.htm

Have a wonderful day!

:)

the pricing on the link seems outdated

A pass per couple on a 7 day cruise is 300.

(which is what I ws told last week when i called.

where did you find the price list? maybe i can take it with me

Edited by serene56

We stayed in a spa cabin on the Splendor over New Years. The use of the spa was included in our cabin, but I did see that the rate was $299 for a weekly couple's pass. This was a 7 day cruise and we had paid $249 per couple in the past so I'm not sure if they have raised their rates across the fleet.

We love the spas that have thalassotherapy pools. The steam rooms were also great on the Splendor. If you think that you would use it enough to get your money's worth, then I would highly recommend it.

I have heard that the passes are sold in limited quantities. When we don't have a spa cabin booked and need to buy passes, we always go straight to the spa and get them when we get on board. Usually we are the first ones there as most people go and eat before they start exploring the ship. We have never had an issue getting a pass, but like I said, we make it a priority to get to the spa.

MY DH would not be interested in the spa, just me and some friends who are in a separate cabin. Would my DH have to purchase a pass as well since he is in my cabin, or can just I purchase the pass?

I looked at upgrading to a spa cabin on our cruise, but right now we are booked in an aft extended balcony and we booked when our itinerary was first released. Since then, prices have skyrocketed and it would be $1000 for us to change to a spa INTERIOR. I think I will just buy the pass. :)

No, your DH does not have to purchase it.

I looked into upgrading from the Empress to Spa balcony but it was going to cost me 310. to do the upgrade.

that is how I found out it was 300 per couple. just so not worth it to upgrade to a uncovered balcony located on the front of the ship.

I think I will be trying it for one day during a port day (grand Cayman day)

MY DH would not be interested in the spa, just me and some friends who are in a separate cabin. Would my DH have to purchase a pass as well since he is in my cabin, or can just I purchase the pass?

I looked at upgrading to a spa cabin on our cruise, but right now we are booked in an aft extended balcony and we booked when our itinerary was first released. Since then, prices have skyrocketed and it would be $1000 for us to change to a spa INTERIOR. I think I will just buy the pass. :)

My husband and I were on the Splendor a year or so ago - Great ship - and got the spa pass for a week. Keep your aft balcony - they are wonderful! And also get the spa pass. The thalasso pool is HEAVEN after you have been walking around port all day and are sore and tired. :D

Have a great cruise!

• 2 months later...
No, your DH does not have to purchase it.

I looked into upgrading from the Empress to Spa balcony but it was going to cost me 310. to do the upgrade.

that is how I found out it was 300 per couple. just so not worth it to upgrade to a uncovered balcony located on the front of the ship.

I think I will be trying it for one day during a port day (grand Cayman day)

I just called 5 minutes ago and a Carnival rep told me the price was $149 for one or $249 for a couple. I tried to get her to send me a email confirmation but she wouldn't :)

In case anyone is on the fence like we were here is a great thread that will make you want one like we do :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1721126&highlight=splendor+cloud+9

If anyone who uses the spa often has any hints or tips I would love to hear them