Port of Houston Princess Check-in Time

dleighb

Princess says check in is from noon to three. But I feel like last time when we arrived at noon there were already hundreds of people waiting. Is noon when the port actually opens for luggage check and security screening or should we get there earlier?

I wouldn't normally worry, but we're trying to sign up for the Ultimate Ship Tour, and I hear you can only do that at Guest Services on arrival and that it fills up fast, so I want to be as close to the front as possible!

• 2 weeks later...

This was our experience on January 4, 2015.

The terminal parking lot and drop off opens at 10:00AM The doors to the waiting area to the security scanners open at that time. You queue up and start filling out the medical questionnaire while you wait. They told us they would start the security scanners at 11:00, but they were going by 10:45. The check-in lines were open and we checked in and were seated in the waiting area by 11:00.

Boarding started with wedding parties, the Bon-Voyage groups and Elites at about 11:30, and us Platinums were allowed on about 11:40. The timing depends on when the last pax from the previous cruise clear the ship.