Excursion question in Cozumel

dogchopper

I asked this a while ago on the Cozumel board but got only a few answers and they were conflicting so I figured I'd try here.

I'm going on the Paradise next month ( February 2nd) and am looking into the dolphin encounter.

First, can you take your own camera and take pictures or do you have to buy theirs. I was told once while on my last cruise that they wouldn't let you bring your own camera, but on the Cozumel board some say you can bring your own and some don't (I have a Fuji underwater camera). I don't want to go if I can't take pictures .

Second, there are 2 dolphin encounters thru carnival. Dolphin encounter with sea lion show for 99.00 and dolphin encounter with lunch with unlimited food and drink for 89.00 .. Now, last time I was there the sea lion show was a free show anyone in the park could go to... Is this still the case? Cuz if it is, why would you pay more for that one than for the one that gives you food and drinks .. Couldn't you just go to the sea lion show on your own?

Please check cozumelinsider. Check the prices for what you are getting

A encounter is nothing more then getting in the water with dolphins

I am getting a royal swim, admittance to the park and a buffet luch for less then your encounter. The key there us booking early

I am getting a royal swim, admittance to the park and a buffet luch for less then your encounter. The key there us booking early

Cozumelinsider!, thanks for the tip. I am going to check that out right now

Well, since it's less than 30 days it's a 20% discount. So it's a bit more than what I would be paying ... But it is a swim not an 'encounter'. Hummm decisions decisions.

We booked direct with dolphindiscovery.com for the Royal Swim with dolphins.... much cheaper than through the cruise line. Just get a taxi to Chankanaab park - $15. We took a camera and got photos but they also record a video and take lots of photos for $$$ afterwards. :) I spent $160 there for photos and a DVD and my grandson left them in the taxi back to the ship :eek: so for several reasons I will never forget that day. It was thrilling!

We booked direct with dolphindiscovery.com for the Royal Swim with dolphins.... much cheaper than through the cruise line. Just get a taxi to Chankanaab park - $15. We took a camera and got photos but they also record a video and take lots of photos for $$$ afterwards. :) I spent $160 there for photos and a DVD and my grandson left them in the taxi back to the ship :eek: so for several reasons I will never forget that day. It was thrilling!

Oh no!! I'm sorry about that but it sounds like you had a great time.

I have some OBC which is why I was gonna book thru carnival .. But I may just find another way to burn it up.

Well, since it's less than 30 days it's a 20% discount. So it's a bit more than what I would be paying ... But it is a swim not an 'encounter'. Hummm decisions decisions.

how much more? and remember there is a HUGE difference between an encounter and the royal swim.

You can always get the money off the sign and sail card at any of the kiosks

I spent $160 there for photos and a DVD and my grandson left them in the taxi back to the ship :eek: so for several reasons I will never forget that day. It was thrilling!

this helps-= i have been looking all over to get a feel of the pricing-- did you haggle some?

Edited by serene56

how much more? and remember there is a HUGE difference between an encounter and the royal swim.

You can always get the money off the sign and sail card at any of the kiosks

this helps-= i have been looking all over to get a feel of the pricing-- did you haggle some?

Yeah you are right, I can always pull the money out somewhere. I'm not a big drinker so I won't use if that way..

The total thru Cozumelinsider is 119.20 when you factor in the 20% off.

Who do I 'haggle with ? Do I call them and talk to them and see if they'd give it to me cheaper ?? I've never tried that..

We haggled on the price of the CD with all the photos. It has been several years, so I don't remember what we paid. I do know that it was a savings of $50 or more dollars.

Yeah you are right, I can always pull the money out somewhere. I'm not a big drinker so I won't use if that way..

The total thru Cozumelinsider is 119.20 when you factor in the 20% off.

Who do I 'haggle with ? Do I call them and talk to them and see if they'd give it to me cheaper ?? I've never tried that..

haggle with the people who do the pictures.