Regal Sanctuary Question

LarryF

Last year we sailed on the CB and we went to the Sanctuary as soon as we boarded (around noon) and they were sold out for the week. We also were told that the individual days were sold out meaning we could not reserve a lounger the morning of the same day. This was very disappointing as we had always been able to reserve an individual day the morning of that day.:mad:

We are sailing the Regal next month and I plan to board early and try to reserve the sanctuary for the week, but does anyone know if we can reserve an individual day the morning of the same day in the event they are sold out for the week?:confused:

Thanks,

Larry

Policy is set by the stewards/management, normally that's the case, but if the demand is so high day 1 they could just sell out the week.

They usually hold some back for daily bookings, and the regal's is pretty large.

Last year we sailed on the CB and we went to the Sanctuary as soon as we boarded (around noon) and they were sold out for the week. We also were told that the individual days were sold out meaning we could not reserve a lounger the morning of the same day. This was very disappointing as we had always been able to reserve an individual day the morning of that day.:mad:

We are sailing the Regal next month and I plan to board early and try to reserve the sanctuary for the week, but does anyone know if we can reserve an individual day the morning of the same day in the event they are sold out for the week?:confused:

Thanks,

Larry

We were on the Regal in mid-November out of FLL. We are early boarders and raced up to get in line about 12:15. The best seats were long gone, but there were still a few "OK" ones to be had. Day at a time bookings, morning of, were also possible.

What was absolutely amazing, as we had never seen it, or even heard about it, before was the Sanctuary I/C allowing people to book for sea days only, in advance. We jumped at the opportunity, as we aren't keen on paying a fortune for the Sanctuary and not using it on port days. It wasn't posted, and we would probably not have thought to ask about it if we hadn't heard the folks just ahead of us in line talking about it.

This was only our 5th Princess cruise, and it's no exaggeration to say that we have experienced a different Sanctuary booking policy each time we've tried to book. I don't know of any way to know in advance what the policy will be

We were on the Regal in mid-November out of FLL. We are early boarders and raced up to get in line about 12:15. The best seats were long gone, but there were still a few "OK" ones to be had. Day at a time bookings, morning of, were also possible.

What was absolutely amazing, as we had never seen it, or even heard about it, before was the Sanctuary I/C allowing people to book for sea days only, in advance. We jumped at the opportunity, as we aren't keen on paying a fortune for the Sanctuary and not using it on port days. It wasn't posted, and we would probably not have thought to ask about it if we hadn't heard the folks just ahead of us in line talking about it.

This was only our 5th Princess cruise, and it's no exaggeration to say that we have experienced a different Sanctuary booking policy each time we've tried to book. I don't know of any way to know in advance what the policy will be

Can you please explain the Sanctuary I/C and how it works and what I have to do to get it. I board the Regal next Sunday and would love to know. We won't be doing an entire week, but I might appreciate the sea days only. I hate going to stand in line at 6:30 am just to get a lounger.

Can you please explain the Sanctuary I/C and how it works and what I have to do to get it. I board the Regal next Sunday and would love to know. We won't be doing an entire week, but I might appreciate the sea days only. I hate going to stand in line at 6:30 am just to get a lounger.

Sorry for the confusion. "Sanctuary I/C" was my short-speak for the person In Charge of the Sanctuary. In other words, the Hostess/Maitre' D, the person who was handling the bookings at the entrance to the Sanctuary. All we did was say we wanted to book the Sanctuary for only the sea days, and she was happy to give us the three separate days. I suspect that you may not have the same success with whoever is handling the bookings when you arrive. It seems that the policy changes with every Host/Hostess

Thank you lx200gps, that was actually very helpful. I will go up and see them and find out what they are doing when I board. I know the policies vary a lot ship to ship and even on the same ship when the manager changes. I was on the Ruby in November and had the best Sanctuary experience I have ever had. We booked the full week and had great service. They were also selling full and half days the first day. I was on the Royal last spring and they didn't do the tea service that I have come to love. If you wanted tea, you had to pre order it in the morning and only got to pick stuff from a zerox paper with a few pictures on it. Not the best experience and I only took it 1 afternoon. It was just not worth it.

Thank you lx200gps, that was actually very helpful. I will go up and see them and find out what they are doing when I board. I know the policies vary a lot ship to ship and even on the same ship when the manager changes. I was on the Ruby in November and had the best Sanctuary experience I have ever had. We booked the full week and had great service. They were also selling full and half days the first day. I was on the Royal last spring and they didn't do the tea service that I have come to love. If you wanted tea, you had to pre order it in the morning and only got to pick stuff from a zerox paper with a few pictures on it. Not the best experience and I only took it 1 afternoon. It was just not worth it.

You are quite welcome. Best of luck getting the Sanctuary, I hope all works out well. We, too, love the tea service, I hope it is available on your sailing.

We were on the Regal the week after Thanksgiving & got the Sanctuary for the whole week. They did do the tea service going chair to chair. We had some of the best service and enjoyed talking with the guys that worked this area. We also really liked having dedicated bathrooms in the Sanctuary - yes, call me lazy;)

I also liked the floor covering a lot more than the green carpet!

It was wonderful - hope you get it!