Question about missing the final payment date

reerun25

Here is the deal.. We booked 3 cabins, 1 for my wife an I, one for my daughter and my niece, and 1 cabin for my son and his friend. Final payment is 1/27/14. When we booked back in March, the friend's Mom paid the $200 deposit, and declined insurance. Things have changed for her in the last 8 months, the icing on the cake was having her house foreclosed on. Bottom line, she has no money to pay the balance for the friend to go. Not sure what happens now. I have read about not saying anything and then they are no show, but I am not sure if that is if they are paid in full. Should I contact my Carnival PVP and let them know? Just not sure since the booking for the cabin is the total for my son and his friend, if half of it is paid, my son sails no problem? Just looking for opinions...

So sorry for your DS moms foreclosure. But, if the balance is not paid in full the cruise room for your son will be cancelled when not paid by final due date. You may be able to pay single supplement for him or have him bunk with you,

if you have a room that accommodates three persons. I would call and explain or if you have the extra funds perhaps lend it to the friends son and have him cut your lawn or do work for you to pay it back. Sorry there is not a happy answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruzlover7

I don't think that's going to work because there is only one in the cabin, it will cost double. If it was paid for, you'd get no refund except port fees. Your options are going to be, find someone else to go, pay double for your son to stay by himself, see if you can reconfigure down to 2 cabins. All of this will also depend on what's allowed under the type of fare you booked with. I'd call Carnival ASAP to find out your options.

if it is only $329 I would just pay for my sons friend to go. He might need the time away to forget about family troubles for a while. I know it would make my son happy. You can tell the family you are paying the balance to make YOUR sons trip better. I know my sons friends are always at our house helping us do things, (move furniture, carry grocerys etc.) you can say it is your way to thank him for helping you out.

I'd pay for the friend. Maybe you can work out a payment plan with him --- shoveling, mowing, raking, painting.

Or cancel the cabin, see if a 3-person cabin is available and have your son share with his sister and cousin. Depending on their ages, you might have to rebook your cabin too.

I'm sure the girls don't want to share a cabin with brother/cousin. Your son won't have a buddy. I wouldn't be able to tell the friend, "oh, sorry, since your mom can't pay we can't bring you .... "

Sorry this happened.

I'd pay for the friend. Maybe you can work out a payment plan with him --- shoveling, mowing, raking, painting.

Or cancel the cabin, see if a 3-person cabin is available and have your son share with his sister and cousin. Depending on their ages, you might have to rebook your cabin too.

I'm sure the girls don't want to share a cabin with brother/cousin. Your son won't have a buddy. I wouldn't be able to tell the friend, "oh, sorry, since your mom can't pay we can't bring you .... "

Sorry this happened.

Agree with this too....even if you offer to your son to pay for friend instead of X...(excursion on the cruise, spending money, soda card...whatever) to save money, I think your son will have a better time with a friend and you won't have to feel bad for the friend. Plus its a good lesson for kids in helping somebody out when they're down. And good Karma! I like the idea.

Of course, you have to know that you'll no doubt be stuck with any other expenses the child incurs on the cruise. It's not like you can leave him behind if the rest of the family is getting off in port. I feel really sorry for the kid though, gotta say. I hate when kids are visited by adult problems. :(

Sorry this happened.

I go with this also.

There are some great life lessons for the kids, his friend, and everyone else.