Scheduled BA flights and pre seat booking?

Southendweather

Still troubled with what to do here, looking at the P&O website it states <snip>

Please note on selected British Airways group flights, we are able to access the seat map 4 days prior to travel and select seats free of charge. You can tell if you are on a British Airways group booking if an individual reference number does not appear on your air notification.

<snip>

Certainly our eticket has no individual reference number just the 6 letter booking ref with P&O.

As we fly Friday I will probably have to ring P&O Tuesday. Anyone had to do this before with P&O?

Also posted on Roll Call, but thought it maybe better here.

Keith (Southend)

I think it's the B.A. Web page you need to go into to and select your seats. Don't think P and O can select seats for you.

I'll have another look but I tried that last week and the problem was you need a BA reference, which we don't have, as the P&O 6 letter reference doesn't work.

Thanks for the quick response.

Keith (Southend)

Hi,

We have been through this way of reserving seats on our last couple of cruises. You sound like you are in the group booking like we were and so won't be able to reserve through the BA website.

If you phone P&O within the 4 day window and speak to the flights team they will book the seats for you. No charge, no extra details handed out, they will just ask what sort of seats you want and if available reserve them for you.

My biggest problem was getting the correct number for the flights team but there was a helpful person in reservations who popped round to talk to them for me. She was a little confused at first thinking I was on a charter flight and told me reservations were closed so if you get this stress it is a scheduled flight as they can book those for you!

We haven't successfully managed to book seats for the return flight. The first time round we didn't try; the second time there didn't seem to be anyone at the flights desk on the ship when we went to ask so we took a chance. Both times worked out okay though.

Enjoy your cruise!

We couldn't select our seats online for a BA flight with Cunard because any reference numbers I could find were rejected. When we got to the airport we saw someone on our flight doing on-line check in (having failed to accept my reference numbers again). I asked how they'd got into the sysytem and they said ignore your cruise line reference but select the passport option and enter your passport details. That worked. May not help with your problem but might be worth a try if that option appears on the screen.

We couldn't select our seats online for a BA flight with Cunard because any reference numbers I could find were rejected. When we got to the airport we saw someone on our flight doing on-line check in (having failed to accept my reference numbers again). I asked how they'd got into the sysytem and they said ignore your cruise line reference but select the passport option and enter your passport details. That worked. May not help with your problem but might be worth a try if that option appears on the screen.

That should work but only a -24 hours prior to departure when online check in opens to everyone for free on that flight.

I spoke to my agent who was able to enter my BA Executive Club number but was informed that P and O travellers are unable to reserve seats.

We are now 4 days prior to our Friday BA Scheduled flight, so I rang the P&O flights team and reserved 2 seats together without any fuss or cost. I wanted to get a window seat on the left away from the wing as you get a great view of the ships in port as you fly into Barbados and it swings around the south of the island to land at Grantley Adam against the NE'ly wind.

I believe this is the plane seating configuration for the Barbados flights if you want to check:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/British_Airways/British_Airways_Boeing_777-200.php

Return flight I was told again can't be reserved until 4 days prior to the flight and would need to be done on ship.

P&O Flights Team: 0845 356 0005

I hope this helps.

Keith (Southend)

We are now 4 days prior to our Friday BA Scheduled flight, so I rang the P&O flights team and reserved 2 seats together without any fuss or cost. I wanted to get a window seat on the left away from the wing as you get a great view of the ships in port as you fly into Barbados and it swings around the south of the island to land at Grantley Adam against the NE'ly wind.

I believe this is the plane seating configuration for the Barbados flights if you want to check:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/British_Airways/British_Airways_Boeing_777-200.php

Return flight I was told again can't be reserved until 4 days prior to the flight and would need to be done on ship.

P&O Flights Team: 0845 356 0005

I hope this helps.

Keith (Southend)

Presuming you are going out on the early 2155 then yes that is the correct config, the later flight that day has a different layout.