New wifi packages... Need help asap

CrusingGolfers

We just got on board the freedom for the next 8 days. I haven't read enough about the new wifi to know how well it works. My wife wants the cheaper package to keep up with our pet sitter in FB messenger. Any idea how well it works, is it worth the price, can IMessage work on this package? Thanks for any advice!

The social media plan should be good enough if you only plan on using Facebook messenger. Personally, I would do the step up to the next plan so you are able to occasionally surf the web.

If you decide to only go with the social media plan, you can always upgrade during your cruise.

Edited by mrneil001

I signed up for the cheapest plan (Facebook only) when we were on Sunshine last month and I loved it. It was never slow and I loved being able to sit in the cabin and communicate with my family back home on my Kindle. I think it was $25 for all 8 nights.

I called my agent at Carnival to see if Liberty had the new wifi plan and he said that he had never heard of it. I told him that they had it on Sunshine last month and I was hoping that Liberty would have it when I sailed on 1/16. He thought that maybe it was being tested on Sunshine and didn't think any of the other ships had started the new plan. Sure hope he's wrong!

I called my agent at Carnival to see if Liberty had the new wifi plan and he said that he had never heard of it. I told him that they had it on Sunshine last month and I was hoping that Liberty would have it when I sailed on 1/16. He thought that maybe it was being tested on Sunshine and didn't think any of the other ships had started the new plan. Sure hope he's wrong!

I believe it's only being offered on Sunshine, Breeze, and Freedom at this time.

On Freedom right now. We got the value package at $60 for the entire 8 nights. Seems like a good deal. Can only use it on one device at a time so hubby and I will take turns using our tablets. But better than racking up roaming charges on our cellphones to keep in touch. Just have to remember to go to log out.com when we are done.

We'll be on that sailing too. I was hoping for the new pkg. too.

"kevin G"

The new plan has 3 options: social, value, and premium. They were priced both each day or the entire cruise. For our 6 day on Freedom, my kids did the social for $25 (entire cruise). This enables Facebook, Instagram, snapchat, iMessage, and a few of other social sites. You can use any kind of device that has the appropriate apps (like a Mac, iPad, iPhone, for iMessage) or web browser. The value adds access to email sites and everything else except streaming music, video, and chat (I.e. Skype). You can use as many devices as you want but only 1 can be connected at a time. You have to log off #1 before #2 can login, etc. With the low prices, it wasn't bad even giving all the kids their own account. You login id will be you portfolio id and birthdate.

I went with the social plan. It has worked great the first 3 days. iMessage, facebook and facebook messenger, Twitter, and Instagram for the wife. Speed has been great the entire time. I highly recommend it if you want to keep up with home. Also my sports apps send me updates so I can keep up with my teams. I can't open the apps but I still get the alerts.