AFT Balcony on the Dream

Tammytam

If you loved it on the Valor you will love it on any of your sailings.

Loved the aft-- was a snob about it. But the prices are higher and Im now stuck on the sides.

becareful of whats above you and below you

We booked an aft balcony on our upcoming Sunshine cruise on deck 5. I researched for weeks and although these rooms (on 5) were added during the renovation, it seems they are getting great reviews. Everyone seems to really enjoy the aft balconies- a lot less traffic in the halls, very quiet, and not much movement felt in the back of the ship. I'm not sure which deck you're considering?

Feb '11 Carnival Elation

Nov '11 Carnival Fascination

Sep '12 Royal Monarch of the Seas

Nov '12 Royal Freedom of the Seas

Sep '13 Carnival Dream

Jan '14 Disney Dream

Mar '14 Disney Magic

Aug '14 Caribbean Princess

Oct '14 Carnival Dream

May '15 Carnival Sunshine

Nov '15 Carnival Sunshine

We just booked an aft balcony on the dream for July 26, 2015...we are so excited to try it! I do get a little sea sick so I hope it doesn't rock too much. I've been on other cruises and they didn't bother me too much. Seems like the big ships aren't like the little boats. ;) Can't wait to hear what you think about it Tammytam.

I'm interested to hear feedback also Tammytam. We're booked on the Dream in March in regular balconies, but I'd like to move aft. The only concern I had was the Lanai right below. If on a high enough deck I wondered if the lanai would be an issue?

We've stayed in aft wraps on several ships including the Dream when we did a B2B in August. AFA the "aft extended" balconies, they seem pretty small.

Coupled with the lack of privacy, heat and dirt, I'd prefer a OS/JS over an aft. Wraps are nice in that you get the side portion that is shaded and private. AFA the Dream wrap, it was probably the largest balcony we ever had; 36 feet of balcony goodness for just the two if us.

I'm interested to hear feedback also Tammytam. We're booked on the Dream in March in regular balconies, but I'd like to move aft. The only concern I had was the Lanai right below. If on a high enough deck I wondered if the lanai would be an issue?

These were taken from my aft balcony on the dream (dec 14 2013 cruise).I was on deck 7. One show the Lanai deck below.

827824927_2013-12-1709_35_33.jpg.13745afed68b48b7b39b4d817c384a59.jpg

402415032_2013-12-1613_22_53.jpg.b1ed82cf1fbf1c32b321749bfbe62f05.jpg

408103439_2013-12-1717_00_59.jpg.69627e9de7f5177346c6ca68baaf0365.jpg

I just posted a review of our New Years cruise on the Dream. In it I have pictures and video our aft cabin 8475. If anyone wants to take a look the review is probably on page 4 or 5 by now.

We loved the aft and will definitely do one again.

Edited to add link to video:

Edited by Mainah