Currently in Houston -- RCI Hobby Shuttle Question

I searched and didn't find anything on this board or the Gulf Coast Departures...

We have RCI transfers for tomorrow morning and the ticket says to meet in baggage claim between 11:00 and 12:00.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is there any benefit to arriving early? Will they send a bus as soon as it fills up?

I would have thought that the shuttles would go longer during the day, or maybe ours is customized due to our arrival time (flew in a day early)?

I have taken the shuttle from Hobby a couple of times.

You can show up early and wait in the baggage area if you wish to.

Each time I have been there, a line has been established based on the order in which people checked in with the shuttle staff. Unless that procedure has changed in the last few months, the first thing you should do is find the staff and check in.

The reason that you aren't told to be early is that the bus is the same one that brings the previous cruise's passengers back to Hobby from the ship. So you have to wait until that bus arrives from the port, and it won't leave the port until it is filled.

Once the bus arrives from the port and all of the people on it are off and have collected their luggage, then you will line up and walk to the bus. It is outside of the baggage claim area, but not very far. You have to take your own luggage there, place it by the bus where they are loading the luggage and then you can get on the bus.

Because the storage area in the bus is pretty small, if you have a regular sized carry-on bag, it will be underneath with the big cases, rather than with you.

When you arrive at the port, all of the luggage is unloaded. You can then

give your bags to the porters who are right there next to the bus, and can take any carry-on bags you want to have with you, and go into the terminal and check in.

Very easy system and the check in staff people are really helpful if you have any questions.

Sorry to butt in, but does RCI have post-cruise transportation to HOU or just IAH? I haven't thought at all about post-cruise, just getting there!!

They had transportation to Hobby for our cruise this past September.