Balcony Rooms on Victory

Ivy1908

Only one option: the junior suites, 9205 & 9206. In those, the 3rd person will have the single sofabed (not a pullout), & the 4th person will be in a trundle or rollaway. There are more suites on deck 7 that can accommodate 4 people without an upper.

All non-suite balcony cabins on this ship will put the 3rd person in an upper bunk. For some reason, Triumph & Victory are like that. Their sofas in the balcony rooms aren't large enough to be a bed. I noticed this on Triumph. Oceanview rooms will have the big sofas (and suites), but not the standard balcony rooms. I don't know why. Destiny/Sunshine was built before these 2 ships, yet they have the big sofas in balcony rooms. It's strange.

What are the room accommodation choices for 4 people in a balcony cabin on the lido deck? We would prefer not to have an "upper" bunk if possible. Thanks!

We cruised in a Balcony room with three people on the Victory and had a Upper... Ick... It was right above the couch...

Only one option: the junior suites, 9205 & 9206. In those, the 3rd person will have the single sofabed (not a pullout), & the 4th person will be in a trundle or rollaway. There are more suites on deck 7 that can accommodate 4 people without an upper.

All non-suite balcony cabins on this ship will put the 3rd person in an upper bunk. For some reason, Triumph & Victory are like that. Their sofas in the balcony rooms aren't large enough to be a bed. I noticed this on Triumph. Oceanview rooms will have the big sofas (and suites), but not the standard balcony rooms. I don't know why. Destiny/Sunshine was built before these 2 ships, yet they have the big sofas in balcony rooms. It's strange.

We did two cruises on Victory in balcony cabins - with 5:eek:. Admittedly this was some years ago, but we had DH and me with the king, one son on the sofabed, one in the upper bunk, and one in the rollaway. First time was 1061, Panorama Deck, second time was 8270, Verandah Deck. With a rollaway, either cabin should work for 4.

This isn't 100% true. We had a balcony on the lido deck (non-suite) on the Victory in late 2013 and had three to the room. The 3rd bed was the sofa made into a bed. It was long enough that an adult's feet didn't hang off the end.

We did two cruises on Victory in balcony cabins - with 5:eek:. Admittedly this was some years ago, but we had DH and me with the king, one son on the sofabed, one in the upper bunk, and one in the rollaway. First time was 1061, Panorama Deck, second time was 8270, Verandah Deck. With a rollaway, either cabin should work for 4.

You're right. My mistake. The deck plans I was looking at have not been updated, and it has a symbol (a sideways 8) that has no description for the rooms. I have noticed that the Triumph does have the shorter sofas instead of the long ones in some rooms, but I guess they have the longer ones in some of the rooms. Did your rooms have a queen bed instead of 2 twins pushed together? Maybe that's what the sideways 8 means. Carnival's website doesn't have any legend to describe their symbols, which is why I almost never use theirs. Their deck plans tell you how many the room sleep, but nothing about whether it's uppers or sofas.

Taking a look at Carnival's deck plans, I see that your rooms & several others on lido deck & rooms on other decks no longer have the sideways 8 symbol. Instead, it's now a box, which means that they do indeed have a sofabed & an upper bunk, and some of them have an optional trundle/rollaway for a 5th. For the OP, you will want to book one of these that are designated as 5-person rooms. When booking, the 4th person will be designated for the upper bunk. I don't know if you can request a rollaway instead of using the upper ahead of time. If you can't, then you can certainly request it from the room steward when you get on board. We did that on my first cruise, when my friend's mom decided after the first night that she couldn't keep climbing to the upper. It's still best to request it from the steward as quickly as possible, so that somebody else doesn't beat you to it.

The 3-person balcony rooms still use an upper instead of the sofa for the 3rd person. That part is still strange. If the shorter sofas are being replaced by the longer ones, then they should switch the 3rd person to be in a sofabed, since it's much better.

Edited by k2excursion

We just booked Victory for the week of Thanksgiving. We had to pick cabins for the exact number of people in the cabin because they anticipate a full ship.

Our TA said the balcony and inside on deck 7 we have will each have a trundle.

It will be fine since it is our 6 and 10 yr. old grandchildren using them, but is it possible they might have a pull down? or balcony with a big couch? Grandkids would really love them! We wanted to go 4 & 2 and ask for a trundle for the balcony but no insides for 4, capacity is 5 with a trundle and being a holiday wouldn't let us.........no biggie kids will sleep anywhere but they did say unless booked a "3" a trundle or roll away could be hard to ask for if ship is full so we split 3/3 to make sure we all had a bed!

We just booked Victory for the week of Thanksgiving. We had to pick cabins for the exact number of people in the cabin because they anticipate a full ship.

Our TA said the balcony and inside on deck 7 we have will each have a trundle.

It will be fine since it is our 6 and 10 yr. old grandchildren using them, but is it possible they might have a pull down? or balcony with a big couch? Grandkids would really love them! We wanted to go 4 & 2 and ask for a trundle for the balcony but no insides for 4, capacity is 5 with a trundle and being a holiday wouldn't let us.........no biggie kids will sleep anywhere but they did say unless booked a "3" a trundle or roll away could be hard to ask for if ship is full so we split 3/3 to make sure we all had a bed!

If I'm reading this correctly, you have a balcony for 3 & an inside for 3, and the 3rd person in each will be in a trundle. If that is correct, then there will definitely not be an upper bunk. The balcony cabin will have a sofa, but most likely, it will be one of the short ones. I'm not sure of the exact length of the shorter ones. It's probably enough for the 6-yr old to sleep on. The 10-yr old can take the trundle/rollaway, and both can sleep in the same room. The interior room will be a bit smaller than the balcony room, so you will most likely not be able to put both kids in there. I don't think there's enough floor space for 2 trundles in there.

And you do bring a good point. Sometimes, especially for high demand sailings like yours, they will not let you book 4 people into a room that can take 5.

Did your rooms have a queen bed instead of 2 twins pushed together? Maybe that's what the sideways 8 means. Carnival's website doesn't have any legend to describe their symbols, which is why I almost never use theirs. Their deck plans tell you how many the room sleep, but nothing about whether it's uppers or sofas.
We had the twins pushed together. The biggest problem with the rollaway is having it take up floor space. The stewards do push it under the bed during the day, but at night it gets crowded.:p